• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bugged helicopter view and HTC sense has stopped responding

Mar

Hi guys new here. Just have a few questions

Sometimes when i pinch out to helicopter view the view is bugged and can only see one screen at the very top left and can only go there. This seems to go away after an hour or so without doing anything but is likely to reoccur quite often.

also I get this "Sorry! The Application HTC Sense (process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly" which seems to be quite common. It closes and then loads up again and works until the next time it does it again.

At first i thought the phone might be faulty so i had my network replace it but the new phone does the exact same things. What is going on here?

I dont have handcent or any major apps installed. and thinks are likely to occur at any random point! Anyone have any insights ? I also got a notification that there is an update available but i havent installed it yet as i am afraid it could just mess up things even more/

The update will likely fix your issues. It's probably prompting you for the update from April which fixed such bugs

I only got a notification for an update yesterday and i have had the phone(s) for about 3 weeks.

Well apply it anyway and see if it fixes it.

If you're on a standard Desire, which you haven't debranded (if you have to ask what that is, you haven't done it), the update won't cause any problems.

Your problem is caused by sms app. If you kill the sms app (using any task killer) helicopter view starts working again. Anyway, the update seems to fix this for good.

Yeap, but just like you...only if something crashes (like motonav from time to time) or for non essential apps (I too have a huge ignore list and I only kill what I don't need/use).

I am not using any task killers and use only the vanilla sms application. And no i haven't rooted it or debranded it.

I guess I can install that update and see what happens, I just don't want it to cause even more problems. I think when stuff are synchronising in the background may be causing this as i have disabled auto-sync for a day and have had no sense crash yet but did have helicopter view buggin out.

Back
Top Bottom