• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Build.Prop Tweaks confirmed working [Updated 9/18/2015]

Attention if you try this and end up with a brick or your device transforms and tries to destroy you; it's not my fault you did this not me. So just read all of this thread not just the O.P to get out of a bind if you reply with "the thread is too long i wont read it please help" don't expect anything short of "there's a search bar use it"

Here are some build.prop tweaks that i have tried out, there are plenty of ways to edit the build.prop file i personally use root browser (file explorer) which has a RB Text editor....

So the build prop editors on android tend to cut off the build.prop characters after a certain point so to get around this copy your build.prop from /system to your SD. Then transfer it from SD to the desktop of your computer after your comfortable with the edits; move the "original" one in the SD card to a new sub folder which probably want to name "original prop" then copy the edited one to the root of your SD then replace the one you have in /system then fix the permissions to 0644 and reboot and profit (you can use gedit on Ubuntu or Notepad++ on windows don't know about mac tho)

Does your phone tell you that you need to purchase an upgrade to your plan whenever you try and tether? Depending on your carrier, this line may help:

net.tethering.noprovisioning=true

#Helps scrolling responsiveness
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=240

#Faster Scrolling
ro.max.fling_velocity=12000
ro.min.fling_velocity=8000

#you can use multiwindow for all apps
#Default value is false, edit to true
persist.splitwindow.support_all=true

#Enable Permanent LTE Option
#default value is 9
ro.telephony.default_network=10

found this line in the prop

#property to enable DS2 Dap
audio.dolby.ds2.enable=false (if change to true, would also need to edit lge.music.xml in the etc folder to get it to work, i personally don't know the edit use the file @JayBondzeWell provided)

#Multi Users
fw.max_users=30
fw.show_multiuserui=1

^^^^thanks @Krlypumaa

#Liquid Smooth Ui (not the custom rom)
persist.service.lgospd.enable=0
persist.service.pcsync.enable=0
ro.ril.enable.a52=1
ro.ril.enable.a53=0

#Change android name and version
ro.build.display.id=Your ROM name
ro.build.version.release=5.1.1 (Android version number)

#More volume steps in call. (default is 6)
ro.config.vc_call_steps=20

#Default volume in call. (default is 3)
ro.config.vc_call_default=10

#Better call voice quality.
ro.ril.enable.amr.wideband=1

#Increase Quality Of Media Streaming (add to #system props for the MM modules)
media.stagefright.enable-meta=true
media.stagefright.enable-rtsp=true

#Increase VM Heap Size (default is 36m)
dalvik.vm.heapsize=72m

#makes apps load faster and frees more ram.
dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y,v=n,o=v,u=n

#GOOGLE DNS
net.dns1=8.8.8.8
net.dns2=8.8.4.4
net.rmnet0.dns1=8.8.8.8
net.rmnet0.dns2=8.8.4.4
net.ppp0.dns1=8.8.8.8
net.ppp0.dns2=8.8.4.4
net.wlan0.dns1=8.8.8.8
net.wlan0.dns2=8.8.4.4
net.eth0.dns1=8.8.8.8
net.eth0.dns2=8.8.4.4
net.gprs.dns1=8.8.8.8
net.gprs.dns2=8.8.4.4

#Game tweaks
persist.sys.NV_FPSLIMIT=60
persist.sys.NV_POWERMODE=1
persist.sys.NV_PROFVER=15
persist.sys.NV_STEREOCTRL=0
persist.sys.NV_STEREOSEPCHG=0
persist.sys.NV_STEREOSEP=20
persist.sys.purgeable_assets=1
htc.audio.alt.enable=0
htc.audio.hac.enable=0
ro.config.hw_quickpoweron=true

#Qualcomm tweaks
com.qc.hardware=1
debug.qc.hardware=true
debug.qctwa.preservebuf=1
debug.qctwa.statusbar=1

#Better internet browsing & download speed
net.tcp.buffersize.default=4096,87380,256960,4096, 16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.wifi=4096,87380,256960,4096,163 84,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.umts=4096,87380,256960,4096,163 84,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.gprs=4096,87380,256960,4096,163 84,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.edge=4096,87380,256960,4096,163 84,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.hspa=6144,87380,524288,6144,163 84,262144
net.tcp.buffersize.lte=524288,1048576,2097152,5242 88,1048576,2097152
net.tcp.buffersize.hsdpa=6144,87380,1048576,6144,8 7380,1048576
net.tcp.buffersize.evdo_b=6144,87380,1048576,6144, 87380,1048576

#Increase jpg quality to 100%
ro.media.enc.jpeg.quality=100

# Rendering Tweaks
debug.composition.type=c2d
debug.egl.hw=1
debug.enabletr=true
debug.overlayui.enable=1
debug.performance.tuning=1
debug.sf.hw=1
dev.pm.dyn_samplingrate=1
hw3d.force=1
ro.config.disable.hw_accel=false
ro.fb.mode=1
ro.sf.compbypass.enable=0
ro.vold.umsdirtyratio=20
persist.sys.composition.type=c2d
persist.sys.ui.hw=1
video.accelerate.hw=1

# Enable GPU Acceleration
debug.sf.hw=1
video.accelerate.hw=1
persist.sys.composition.type=gpu
debug.qc.hardware=true
debug.qctwa.statusbar=1
debug.egl.profiler=1
debug.egl.hw=1
debug.composition.type=gpu
hw3d.force=1
ro.product.gpu.driver=1
persist.sys.use_16bpp_alpha=1
persist.sampling_profiler=0
hwui.render_dirty_regions=false
hwui.disable_vsync=true

# Saves some battery without reducing performances
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=497
pm.sleep_mode=1
power.saving.mode=1
ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0
ro.vold.umsdirtyratio=20
# Increase general Performance

# Increase some Performance
ro.secure=0
persist.sys.use_16bpp_alpha=1
ro.product.gpu.driver=1
# Reduce the black screen time of the proximity sensor
ro.lge.proximity.delay=15
mot.proximity.delay=15

# Increase camera's photo and video recording quality
ro.media.dec.jpeg.memcap=8000000
ro.media.enc.hprof.vid.bps=8000000
ro.media.enc.hprof.vid.fps=65
# Better Flashlight intensity and camera-flash quality
ro.media.capture.flash=led
ro.media.capture.flashMinV=3300000
ro.media.capture.torchIntensity=40
ro.media.capture.flashIntensity=70
ro.media.capture.maxres=8m
ro.media.capture.fast.fps=4
ro.media.capture.slow.fps=120
ro.media.panorama.defres=3264x1840
ro.media.panorama.frameres=1280x720
ro.camcorder.videoModes=true

if you know of any more that work please comment them i will probably add them to the OP

Last edited:
This one is not on build.prop but can be added without a problem at the end.

What it does is disable softkey to have that extra space on the screen and you can use an alternative like " All-in-one-gesture" or any other invisible navigation keys from play store.

Code:
# Disabling Soft Navigation Keys
qemu.hw.mainkeys=1

If want the softkey back just type 0 instead of 1 and reboot.

note: 100% work cuz im using it :)

Reactions: 6th_Hokage
Upvote 0
I see on the build prop. that it also has fm transmitter to false if i put true will it enable it will it work im on metro pcs
yeah it should...but you will need to find an app that allows you to use it since you dont have the native app...also be warned since do you dont have that native app, once you do this the fm radio will ALWAYS be on which would probably be a battery drain

Reactions: daffyducknj
Upvote 0
the stagefright stuff was there before the patch you arent hacked...and apparently google rushed the patch out so fast it didnt really even do anything to help against the stagefright exploit...

also i read the stagefright exploit thread on here and xda and it sounds like it really needs to be fixed from the network side...on the good side though, it also sounds like its very unlikely that you'll ever get attacked through this exploit...but search up the threads and read them dont take my word for it, im just giving my opinion based on reading the threads

Upvote 0
I was kinda expecting to find something to do with otg=false in there, but no such luck. There's quite a few files in the system partition with reference to otg.... Does anyone think there's a way to enable it? Or does our phone not have that capability at all and those are just a kind of generic files that's in all lollipop ROMS.?

Upvote 0
I was kinda expecting to find something to do with otg=false in there, but no such luck. There's quite a few files in the system partition with reference to otg.... Does anyone think there's a way to enable it? Or does our phone not have that capability at all and those are just a kind of generic files that's in all lollipop ROMS.?

i guess we are getting little off topic here but following just wondering if have anyone try this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1802740 is USB-OTG Helper i wish i can test this my self but if anyone else have one please let us know.

Upvote 0
Here are some build.prop tweaks that i have tried out, there are plenty of ways to edit the build.prop file i personally use root browser (file explorer) which has a RB Text editor

Does your phone tell you that you need to purchase an upgrade to your plan whenever you try and tether? Depending on your carrier, this line may help:

net.tethering.noprovisioning=true

#Helps scrolling responsiveness
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=240

#Increase overall touch responsiveness
debug.performance.tuning=1 (does nothing at all)
video.accelerate.hw=1

#Faster Scrolling
ro.max.fling_velocity=12000

#Enable Permanent LTE Option
#default value is 9
ro.telephony.default_network=12

found this line in the prop

#property to enable DS2 Dap
audio.dolby.ds2.enable=false (if change to true, would also need to edit(etc folder) lge.music.xml to get to work)

i'm guessing if you change that to true you will now have Dolby sound activated

if you know of any more that work please comment them i will probably add them to the OP

Reactions: jplsteel
Upvote 0
one step nicer, here you go. also. don't forget to correct permissions once you replace

How do you correct the permissions? Im new to editing the build prop so im unsure as to what you're talking about. Also the prop lines you have posted on here i was wondering if i should copy and paste those or are they somewhere in the build prop? Anyhow thanks for any info related to the subject.

Upvote 0
How do you correct the permissions? Im new to editing the build prop so im unsure as to what you're talking about. Also the prop lines you have posted on here i was wondering if i should copy and paste those or are they somewhere in the build prop? Anyhow thanks for any info related to the subject.

most are currently in the build.prop the others you'll just have to type out correctly....use this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.root.browserfree which comes with a RB text editor <-(what you edit the build.prop with) then you just save it and reboot....but the fixing permissions implies if you use his .XML file that he provided which you can also do with the linked app (the permissions being 0644)

Upvote 0
I currently have the es root file explorer and it lets me edit the build prop. Either way im not sure which ones are in the list already and which ones arent. I know the one listed as #Enable Permanent LTE Option
#default value is 9
ro.telephony.default_network=12 is in the build prop at 2 different areas although its not listed in the way it is on here. In the build prop its missing enable permanent LTE Option #default value is 9. Thats where or part of where im confused.

Upvote 0
I currently have the es root file explorer and it lets me edit the build prop. Either way im not sure which ones are in the list already and which ones arent. I know the one listed as #Enable Permanent LTE Option
#default value is 9
ro.telephony.default_network=12 is in the build prop at 2 different areas although its not listed in the way it is on here. In the build prop its missing enable permanent LTE Option #default value is 9. Thats where or part of where im confused.

you just have to change it to "ro.telephony.default_network=12" don't worry about the #for this one

Reactions: narylane
Upvote 0
I changed the LTE network to 12 and my data speeds got worst. That's one complaint I have about this phone. The data speeds on it stink. On the SG Mega I use to get 50mbps down in house and 100mbps down outside. with the stylo I barely get 5mbps in house and can't get over 20mbps outside.

Upvote 0
I changed he LTE network to 12 and m data speeds got worst. That's one complaint I have about this phone. The data speeds on it stink. On the SG Mega I use to get 50mbps down in house and 100mbps down outside. with the stylo I barely get 5mbps in house and can't get over 20mbps outside.
and how were speeds before you changed them?

Upvote 0
ooo thank you so much i wanted to mention that
even if it is already true (in my boost prop it was) edit it to true and it now really works

now this is a bad as* ride share phablet lyft and Uber on screen at the same time!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones