• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Buttery_b14_Z970_v3.0

Here is a little project i have been working on, I took the stock rom b14 update that is and i made a custom rom. Remember this rom is only for zte zmax (z970)
This rom has a few special features, This rom is partially odexed and partially deodexed.
The Deodexed apps are ones i added in

This rom is my first Zte zmax rom and yes i have to give a shoutout to @hroark13 for the stock firmware!

~Anyway i take no responsibility for any bricks, damaged sdcards, or lives~

rb9ZfDJ.png

ouniF7s.png

First of all thank you or anyone trying to keep the Zmax alive.

My question is since I have the Zmax Z970 unlocked with Straight Tallk AT&T. When I normally install a rom I boot into TWRP and wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, Data, and System then I install the Rom/Gapps and reboot and set up. From reading your instructions

~Flashing instructions~

Make a Nandroid backup(Backup your current rom)

wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, Data, and System)

Reboot recovery and do not click install super su just reboot without installing

flash rom then boot

once finished setup flash super su from recovery

Enjoy!

My questions since I never installed thru Recovery will this lock my phone ? I also notice it supports Band 12 and my current Band on Straight Talk AT&T is 17. Would there be any improvement on my signal having band 12 over band 17? AT& T covers both bands from what I have read. I know it is nice to have the most current OS but I would take better signal over the most current OS. Currently I'm on ACIP 5 and has been stable. It's just when I go to our local grocery store as an example, I lose signal and have stand at certain areas (not many) to get at least 1 bar to call out so I don't bring the wrong item home to the wife I know most people will advise just get a new phone. It is just the phone works, battery life is great and if I don't have to get another phone it saves me money, especially with a kid in college. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks again .

It should improve it however I use metro PCs so I use band 4 and 12 and I get better signal with the stock vs custom Roms.

It should improve it however I use metro PCs so I use band 4 and 12 and I get better signal with the stock vs custom Roms.
Thanks again
Since I never installed thru reboot recovery and just installed thru TWRP there should be no problem on my unlock status for the phone?

First of all thank you or anyone trying to keep the Zmax alive.

My question is since I have the Zmax Z970 unlocked with Straight Tallk AT&T. When I normally install a rom I boot into TWRP and wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, Data, and System then I install the Rom/Gapps and reboot and set up. From reading your instructions

~Flashing instructions~

Make a Nandroid backup(Backup your current rom)

wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, Data, and System)

Reboot recovery and do not click install super su just reboot without installing

flash rom then boot

once finished setup flash super su from recovery

Enjoy!

My questions since I never installed thru Recovery will this lock my phone ? I also notice it supports Band 12 and my current Band on Straight Talk AT&T is 17. Would there be any improvement on my signal having band 12 over band 17? AT& T covers both bands from what I have read. I know it is nice to have the most current OS but I would take better signal over the most current OS. Currently I'm on ACIP 5 and has been stable. It's just when I go to our local grocery store as an example, I lose signal and have stand at certain areas (not many) to get at least 1 bar to call out so I don't bring the wrong item home to the wife I know most people will advise just get a new phone. It is just the phone works, battery life is great and if I don't have to get another phone it saves me money, especially with a kid in college. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks again .
AT&T does not use band 12, but i think straight talk dropped AT&T a couple years ago. i think they use Tmobile now? if you are on a tmobile sim you can get band 12, but if you still have one of those rare AT&T sims band 12 will not help you.

if you somehow still have an AT&T sim you would be better served with a tmobile sim on this phone.

L
AT&T does not use band 12, but i think straight talk dropped AT&T a couple years ago. i think they use Tmobile now? if you are on a tmobile sim you can get band 12, but if you still have one of those rare AT&T sims band 12 will not help you.

if you somehow still have an AT&T sim you would be better served with a tmobile sim on this phone.

Thanks,
I have AT&T sim for Straight Talk. I tried this rom , it runs smooth still on band 17. I will look into T-Mobile
Thanks

Does anyone know if you can use android kitchen with this phone. I let it change the updater-script and i compared them they look the same other than i integrated busybox and super su. And it removed the ui prints

Hey guys, and girls i am making a boot animation challenge!
Whoever makes the Butteriest boot Animation will see it in the new version of the rom!
If you want to make one please send it via pm to me ~(@Relyt2012)~

last time i looked, the AT&T sims for straight talk were selling for hundreds of dollars... just an FYI
I thought Straight Talk still has AT&T depends on the phone you use. I been on Straight Talk for 3+ years. I started on their Verizon lines an switch to a sim phone and been on AT&T since. Thanks

I thought Straight Talk still has AT&T depends on the phone you use. I been on Straight Talk for 3+ years. I started on their Verizon lines an switch to a sim phone and been on AT&T since. Thanks
when i was last with straight talk (been a couple years) they were phasing out at&t and moving everyone to CDMA (sprint). things may have changed, but i remember spending $60 to buy a new AT&T sim card so i didnt have to go CDMA

when i was Kit
t with straight talk (been a couple years) they were phasing out at&t and moving everyone to CDMA (sprint). things may have changed, but i remember spending $60 to buy a new AT&T sim card so i didnt have to go CDMA

Just on Walmart website AT&T Website Straight Talk AT&T Compatible Standard and Micro & Nano Sim activation kit is $0.99 and T-mobile too. Around the holidays Walmart has the Straight Talk 45.00 plan for 37.00.

Relyt2012,
Can't wait to try the next ROM.
Thanks again

Okay everyone, I will be releasing 2.0 later this week. I found a proper fix for xposed, heck i was even using it for a while.
I have removed aton of stock apps, thereby replacing them with aosp versions. It is much faster, and so far better battery aswell. And for all of you pixel, and pixel xl lovers. I have included nova launcher beta 8 with the swiping app drawer support!

Okay everyone, I will be releasing 2.0 later this week. I found a proper fix for xposed, heck i was even using it for a while.
I have removed aton of stock apps, thereby replacing them with aosp versions. It is much faster, and so far better battery aswell. And for all of you pixel, and pixel xl lovers. I have included nova launcher beta 8 with the swiping app drawer support!
Yo Bro is the new version up and running cause then link says version 1.0 title says 3.o. Don't mean to ask stupid questions

Actually I am glad you asked. I think it is ready. But when I was using it I found an error so I had to fix it. Anyway I have figured out init d support, however I'm not sure how to integrate it .
I will try to have it up today alright!

Yo Bro is the new version up and running cause then link says version 1.0 title says 3.o. Don't mean to ask stupid questions
The update isout, and now i hope you'll be able to enjoy it!
I will upload the xposed i used and anything else. And please don't forget to tell me any bugs.

Back
Top Bottom