• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Buying a Verizon GS4

porky101

I am currently deciding between a GS4 and a Moto X. I had a question about the GS4. Being that the phone just got an update, that is unrootable as of now, when I go to buy the phone will it have the latest OTA on the device(which would mean I cannot root it?) or what firmware it has on it depends on the store I go to? Also, for those of you who just bought the GS4, are you regretting the purchase a little since the Moto X is coming soon, or are you still happy with the GS4? I am really torn between the two devices, but if I buy a GS4 and cannot root it, that alone may push me to the Moto X.

My GUESS is that if you buy an S4 right now you're going to get 'old' stock and on first boot it will notify you of the update - if you're wanting to root then don't do it.

Personally, from what I've read of the Moto X it doesn't seem like it will be quite as high-end a phone as the S4, so no I'm not bummed to have the S4. I am a fan of Moto phones, but S4 is a fine device.

Back
Top Bottom