• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calendar Sync

c308682

Dec 4, 2009
I wonder if the Eris Sync described in the manual is CalDav or some other type of sync.

In anticipation of converting to Eris soon, I started using caldav to generate my google calendar in iCal on iphone. The only problem is the especially in one of my two google calendars, all of the events that can be viewed in Gcal directly from the web (desktop and phone) don;t show up in the caldav google calendar in ical on the iphone. On a couple of events, the caldav displays the idnetical event twice.

I verified that I am not reading any non caldav calendars on the phone, and that I'm not getting the two calendars mixed up. Each google cal shows its events in different colors anyway.

If Eris uses a different type of sync then caldav then I might give it a try. If it uses caldav, then I should probably wait until caldav and/or gcal mature more.

Thanks for your advice.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones