• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Call Block

ESSuraj

Its a technical query regarding call blocking.

For several years i had used Windows Mobile and finally shifted to Android One year back.
Everything seems to be perfect except i couldnot find an app which is a good call blocker.

In winmo there were several call blocker apps especially the one i used called "Magicall"
It had several call block options
1. Pick
2. Pick and Drop
3. Pick and Hold
4. Reject
5. Pass on to next rule etc etc

The best thing was, call block was very quick. So the caller always gets engage tone as soon as he dials. He can never hear a ring. So invariably feels phone is engaged.

But in android, i experimented a huge number of apps including root call blocker.
Even if we put any rule, the person who dials will always hear one single ring and then the engae tone.

Is it a short coming of android?
Or is it a problem with MMX A75.

(Also i miss SKB Group SMS of WinMO)

Seems there is no app that helps !!
Even i tried many of them, but then it simply does not work with Android , the reason that i get convinced is that Android sends the Incoming Call receiver late .... (Slow :p ) i think with a factory reset and then installing the Call blocker app will make a considerable difference !!

Dude +1 for Windows Mobile :o

I seriously miss that one... remember that awesome Call recording feature ?(the main Stuff i miss on those other devices ... )
and the ultimate backup i used to fiddle with Resco one !! messing up with Windows files and then re-flashing the device :D
Btw, I had the W900 ... now it is like full operated :p ... for i had to see that HiSilicon Chipset !! xD I even planned making a hole in the device to hold the Stick required for the same :D ...

Hey btw if you have the same device do mention it :)

Finally....two things happened..

1. someone replied
2. the reply was from ninadchaudhari....:)

buddy i had asus p320 and w73 (hisilicon) and another chinese one (not remembering the model no. htc sensation look alike).
P320 lost..
W73 still working..not using though..even has a tv receiver..
other one gifted..

By the way..you mentioned resco and i remembered resco keyboard.

it had nice functionalities with cursor arrows, predefined texts etc..
really nice..

suraj

Back
Top Bottom