• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Camera app. Alternative?

Wierdbeard65

Lurker
Jan 27, 2011
Hi,

I'm having some issues with the camera which can all be filed under "Why won't it do as it's told?" category. I don't know if there's settings I can change or tweaks I can perform to fix it, or if there's an alternative app I can download. (In which case, recommendations?)

Problems (in no particular order of anoyance):
  • The camera usually takes the picture about 1-2 seconds after I press the button, missing the moment of the snapshot!
  • When I tell the camera to exit (either with the up or back buttons, it doesn't. It also doesn't respond to the side "screen lock" button.
  • If I don't take a picture for a minute or so, the app quits. So if I'm waiting for my kids to do something, by the time they do, I am fiddling with getting the app running again and miss the moment!
Grrrr....

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones