• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera app saving to 2 locations randomly

FLAWLESSVW

It's driving me nuts. I am using vignette as my camera app (good app).

Can someone please tell me the difference between /mnt/sdcard/external_sd/dcim/camera and
/sdcard/external_sd/dcim/camera

Those are the 2 locations it's saving to. No rhyme or reason to it either. It irritates me because there are 2 folders in my gallery too.

When I browse to EITHER of those locations in ES, they are identical, there are 1084 items.

But when I view in gallery. One location has 1050 and the other has 24.

Is it the app?
My sd card?
The file system?

Grr... Help.

do you have some left over pics on the internal memory. I had a double gallery for pictures but once i cleaned it up and set the storage to card I am doing ok now. I know that stock ICS has a weird way of showing the external card as a folder in the internal one. FK23~GA10JB doesn't do that.

I did at one point but moved the pics to sd.

But it's not saving to internal ever. It's just adding that "/mnt/" to the beginning of the external sd path for some crazy reason. I don't understand why it is tacking that I there randomly. It makes no sense.

Let me know if you've got any other ideas cg.

Use a different camera app and see if it puts the pic in 2 places. If it doesn't then its the app which I'm guessing it is..

If it does than see if u have two galleries... If not maybe try freezing one of your camera apps see if that fixes it

Use a different camera app and see if it puts the pic in 2 places. If it doesn't then its the app which I'm guessing it is..

If it does than see if u have two galleries... If not maybe try freezing one of your camera apps see if that fixes it

The default/stock camera app always seems to save to the /mnt/sdcard/external_sd/dcim/camera

If you guys look at your photos in the Gallery and view the details, do you show the /mnt/sdcard/...... or just /sdcard/.... ?

I am leaning towards contacting the app dev the more I troubleshoot it. 2 libraries just irritates me.

Back
Top Bottom