• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can Anybody Help Me?

arronkelsie

Lurker
Oct 11, 2014
I am new to these phones and have no idea where to begin..I want to upgrade so I have Google Play Store as I cannot access the market (says nothing available) and nothing will download (tells me havn't clicked play store app...but it's not on my phone...) How do i fix this? As it stands it will not let me download any games or applications....Please Help Me.
Model: HTC WILDFIRE S A510a
Android Version: 2.3.3

If for some reason the app is actually missing from the device (which it sounds like may be the case from what I read?), you can download the play store here: http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/874923-new-play-store-5-0-31-apk.html

Follow these steps:
1.) Go to settings>security and check the box for unknown sources. This is necessary to install an app from Amy source other than the play store.

2.) Use your phone's web browser to follow the link above and download the apk file. (No worries, it is the official play store apk from google)

3.) Swipe down your notification bar from the top of the screen. Tap the notification of the completed download

4.) Follow the prompts to install

Reactions: jaymzway
Upvote 0
Well, i did it like u said and now have the app (googleplay) however everytime i try to download anything through it i get the error message " cannot connect to the server" ...so i've gone on and tried to add my phone as a device, and am now getting the message that my phone (htc wildfire s a510a) is not compatable with that version...so i am now going back on to download a previous version to see if that one will work...i will keep u posted.

Upvote 0
Well i'm about ready to give up on this stupid thing. Been at it for 3 days now and styl can't seem to figure it out...I have installed the newest version of playstore, nothing would work and keeps giving me error message "error retreavinginformation from server". So i tried installing an earlier version (4.5.10) but it is styl giving me the same error...what am i doing wrong? i've tried to add the device to my google account, but it doesn't seem to work...can somebody guide me through how to remotely detect the device or how to do it from my phone? I am not computer illiterate just phone illiterate apparently lol. HELP PLEASE, WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?
My phone is the 'htc wildfire s a510a'
Android Version : 2.3.3
HTC sense Version : 2.1

Upvote 0
It's odd that the core apps would be missing from your device. Can you check to see if google play services is installed? I think it's required for the play store to function properly.

You'll have to go to settings>apps>all and see if it's there.
36d8cd2d04d08e5c965f27632fc678e7.jpg

Reactions: jaymzway
Upvote 0
Alternatively, if you don't mind not having the play store, you might try installing the amazon app store: http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/get/android

You should be able to find everything there, though they are a bit slower posting updated app versions.

The plus side is that they offer a free paid app of the day. So if you check in every day, often you can find some pretty sweet deals

Upvote 0
Well, i reinstalled google play services, so it is there, however now it takes up ALL of my memory on my phone and i have no space to install google play now or anything else for that matter...i have repeatedly tried to uninstall play services to no avail, and am now reading from people that it is not possible to uninstall it? What do i do now? Really starting to not like these phones lol. Do i have to root my phone now just in order to save anything so can put on sd card? As well, what are the risks involved with rooting...as i imagine i could, but havn't tried due to the fact that i don't want to render my phone unusable...

Upvote 0
Well, i reinstalled google play services, so it is there, however now it takes up ALL of my memory on my phone and i have no space to install google play now or anything else for that matter...i have repeatedly tried to uninstall play services to no avail, and am now reading from people that it is not possible to uninstall it? What do i do now? Really starting to not like these phones lol. Do i have to root my phone now just in order to save anything so can put on sd card? As well, what are the risks involved with rooting...as i imagine i could, but havn't tried due to the fact that i don't want to render my phone unusable...

To like these phones takes patience n understanding. Not sure what phones you were using before but if iPhone or windows phone or a much earlier flip phone was the case we can then understand. Those other phones are same difference as windows computer and a Linux computer. You more less have to give yourself a chance to learn how to enjoy it by learning how to use it to fit your needs n wants in my opinion you can't go wrong with android phone. Tons and loads of features.

Think back to the first time you used a phone or computer. It will come to you in time n you will be like oh OK now I get it.
Not just in 3 days.....good luck to you

Do the rite thing by hitting the thanks button for people that have helped you along the way will help others in your same situation resolve their issues as well like 2 birds same stone.

Upvote 0
YOu could try installing a more recent version of Android (a custom ROM - see http://androidforums.com/threads/guide-how-to-root-the-wildfire-s-with-s-on.480954/

Read it carefully, ask for more detail on anything you don't understand completely. Follow the steps EXACTLY, taking your time and you shouldn't have any trouble. I've done this with a couple of Wildfire S phones now, they're currently running CM11 (KitKat 4.4.3). The most useful features are the ability to overclock from 600MHz to 806MHz, and the ability to use part of the SD card as main memory via a handy utility (Int2Ext4+) and you'll get the latest Play Store as part of the GAPPS (Google Apps).
Note on formatting the SD card.
Ideally you'll want a 16GB or 32GB car formatted as follows:
Partition 1 - Primary - EXT4 or FAT32 the rest of the card.
Partition 2 Primary formatted EXT4 2GB on a 16 GB card 4 or 6GB on a 32GB card
Partition 3 - Linux Swap 2GB
With any custom ROM (they're all rooted) you'll have partition 2 as your main memory.
It's a good idea to use a class 10 card for they're faster read/write capability.

You can contact me (or one of the Wildfire S Guides) for further help/advice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones