• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can I install movies?

You need to be googling "dvd rip programs". There are loads out there but I couldn't say what's good or not
 
How do you torrent it and can you do it directly on the s3 with no pc involved

Guys,

Download ttorrent pro from the play store, for the search option to work you have to agree to install 3rd party apps, after that use the the app to search for and download anything direct to the S3... Obviously don't download anything thats copyrighted, cause that's just naughty....;)
 
I use DVD Catalyst with some excellent results. It's a purchased software, but very reasonable for what it can do. I have converted over 20 of my store purchased dvd movies over to mp4 (you can pick what smartphone you are converting for) and they all have worked perfectly. A full length movie is about 1 gb file size after conversion, so I convert them, save them to one of my backup hard drives and then pick the ones I want to transfer over to my 32 gb micro sd card in my S3. The stock video player on the S3 does a wonderful job playing them. When I'm done watching them - I delete the movie off the card and add additional movies. You can also select converting the movies over with subtitles (if they are on the dvd copy). My wife is using my old HTC Incredible and I have put movies on the sd card for her and she enjoys watching them on the smaller screen - but she doesn't know any better either.

I have not found a dvd movie that it won't convert. I'm told (but have never tried it) that once you have converted the dvd movie to mp4 you can then burn it to a dvd that will play in your dvd player - but that would be illegal if it is a rental.

The email support with Catalyst has also been top notch with quick replies and helpful information. It is a definite favorite of mine. Good luck.
 
Entire thread of Torrent references should be removed. Take your illegal activities elsewhere to discuss, they aren't welcome in this community.
 
Hello, I was wondering how to go about taking a movie that I have on dvd and installing it on my S3?

thanks!

Please disregard the discussions for torrenting. It's easy to offer such terrible advice when the ones offering it don't take the risks of getting caught using their advice.

If you already own the DVD, there are several ways to RIP the item to your PC and transfer to your phone.

Take a look at Handbrake, HandBrake This should allow you to rip your DVD to a .mp4 or .mkv file format that you can then simply transfer to your device via USB and play back with the stock video player or something like MXplayer.

Good luck!
 
+100 for DVD Catalyst! Great app.

I ripped a bunch of my movies from DVD to .mp4 for my Transformer tablet using the TF101 profile and they play back great on the S3. So one rip to one format to playback on multiple devices.

Simple -- Insert DVD -> DVD Cat opens (or you open it) -> it scans DVD drive finds movie or movies (some DVDs have multiple movie tracks for English/Spanish/???) -> Hit Go. This all assumes you chose the profile for your device under the drop down.

Move your file from your PC to your device and open in a movie player like Mobo, Mx Player, ...

Software is just $10.00

http://www.tools4movies.com/

Tell him Ches111 sent you :)
 
Entire thread of Torrent references should be removed. Take your illegal activities elsewhere to discuss, they aren't welcome in this community.

Done!

Thank you :).

Please disregard the discussions for torrenting. It's easy to offer such terrible advice when the ones offering it don't take the risks of getting caught using their advice.

I'm sure there are certainly good and valid reasons for using legitimate torrent downloading, using that to stream / view movies is not one of them.
 
I'm sure there are certainly good and valid reasons for using legitimate torrent downloading, using that to stream / view movies is not one of them.

There are good reasons. Custom roms, particularly for the s3 given they are so large - really benefit from being seeded as torrents.

That's both legitimate and relevant. Where to draw the line though? There are illegal uses too.
 
Back
Top Bottom