• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can I removed the blur text messaging app?

I installed the updated GalaX theme and it brought in a new messaging app that is similar to the cyanogen sms app. However it corrects the time stamp but I get 2 messages for every received sms one at the correct time and one and the 4 or 5 hour off time. Can I remove the motorola sms application or rename it? Anyone know what that is?

I installed the updated GalaX theme and it brought in a new messaging app that is similar to the cyanogen sms app. However it corrects the time stamp but I get 2 messages for every received sms one at the correct time and one and the 4 or 5 hour off time. Can I remove the motorola sms application or rename it? Anyone know what that is?

What software version are you using?

I removed converstations.apk and everything seems to be working well and the time stamps are better... i sent and recieved an mms to myself as well.

I removed converstations.apk and everything seems to be working well and the time stamps are better... i sent and recieved an mms to myself as well.

Just know that if you remove conversations.apk, MMS (the ability to send/receive pictures) will no longer function...

Just know that if you remove conversations.apk, MMS (the ability to send/receive pictures) will no longer function...

Hmm in that case I'll rename mine back to .apk.

What do you suggest we rename then to stop receiving 2x the texts?

Hmm in that case I'll rename mine back to .apk.

What do you suggest we rename then to stop receiving 2x the texts?

You need to go into settings for the text messaging app and turn off notifications... Then you will only be notified once by the third party messaging application (I use Handcent).

You need to go into settings for the text messaging app and turn off notifications... Then you will only be notified once by the third party messaging application (I use Handcent).

Done that long before - still was receiving 2x text messages. :(

I froze Messaging 2.2 (one that is listed as [sms/mms prefs]Messaging 2.2 in Titanium Backup) and it's now only showing 1 text per.

i ran the cyanogen 2.2 messaging app instead of the blur. i liked it but i didnt like how i couldnt get facebook to sync with it for pictures and what not.

to turn off notifications in the blur text app:

-open the blur messaging app
-menu
-message settings
-remove the check next to notifications
-hit home

that should work with no problems it did for me

It wasn't the notification it was the 2 text messages, one at 4 hours behind and one at the right time. Every received sms would show up twice in the application.

I just had my gf send me an mms and I got it no problem. I have yet to restart the phone but the text messaging app has been renamed to .bak and is no longer accessible.

Back
Top Bottom