• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can i ssh into my moto droid

This appears to be what the Android community refers to as 'root`ing' it appears NOT to be possible YET.

i have researched what rooting your android is, i did this before i posted and that is not what i mean. winscp is a tool you can use to remote access your phone so you can browse its files/folders, exp....../root/stash/mobile/user/app

in order for you to do it with the iphone,you had to install these apps on your phone,open ssh, automatic ssh/toggle ssh and i think open ssl.
winscp connects to your phone threw the network, your phone will need to be connected to wi-fi. hope this clears up my question a lil better. plus how can i find what my wi-fi ip is on my phone,when its connected to wi-fi

Upvote 0
connectbot is a ssh client. you use this to connect to other host. inorder to ssh to droid, a ssh daemon must be running in droid. openssh in iphone is a daemon which allows you to connectto it.

Untill someone figures out how to root droid, i dont think it'll be possible to run a ssh daemon in it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones