• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can only view/download picture messages on Wi-Fi...

Bizzy1

I notice something today. That when I am on wi-fi at my place picture messages come in instantly. When I have wi-fi, 3g and 4g(not yet in this area), when some send me a picture or something it says "

Message Size: 62kb
Expires: 4:50pm, May 2
Downloading.....

Seems like it never downloads.....I am the only one who experience this?

If your on any ROM other than boost stock ROM you need to do the MMS fix. You cab find it in the root one stop shop under known issues and fixes.

If your on any ROM other than boost stock ROM you need to do the MMS fix. You cab find it in the root one stop shop under known issues and fixes.

That won't be it, he is receiving them and able to download them on WiFi so we know the mmsc server settings are okay. It is getting them over 3g that's the issue. I have had that happen to me when something was wrong with the network in the area before.

Hell, I'm finding it odd that they are getting the messages over wifi, i thought they only would download over the 3g connection

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 2

Tried different things

I can send mms only when: wi-fi connected and 3G

I can't receive mms: when on 3G, wifi ---tested it from my Sequent

I can receive mms: on wi-fi--from my girl(from another carrier)

this is so screwed up lol

Hell, I'm finding it odd that they are getting the messages over wifi, i thought they only would download over the 3g connection

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 2

It is not odd at all. The phone just needs a data connection along with cellular. The notification of an mms comes through the cellular and then the phone uses a data connection to get the mms.

Tried different things

I can send mms only when: wi-fi connected and 3G

I can't receive mms: when on 3G, wifi ---tested it from my Sequent

I can receive mms: on wi-fi--from my girl(from another carrier)

this is so screwed up lol

Try again today with WiFi off and a decent signal for 3g. If you still can't then you might need to do a scrtn reset or contact boost about it.

##72786#

Just keep clicking yes and ok. The phone will do a hands free activiation again and reboot around 2-3 times...so far so good.

Back
Top Bottom