• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can someone explain what LauncherPro is?

I've uninstalled it, but am having the same problem. When I hit the "home" button, it switches back to stock home, and I have to restart LP.:confused:

OK, try this, hard menu button, settings, applications,manage applications, then hard menu button, filter, all. Scroll down to "Home", press it, and then press clear defaults.

I uninstalled it. Somebody else posted a link on here saying that if you set it as your default and then try to go back, then you won't have anything but a black screen. Is this true? :confused: It scared me so I opted to go back while I still could.

can someone post a pic of their X looks like with launcher pro. also i've read that launcher pro messes up the X, looks like you guys got it to work. :) I would like to give this a try.

middle.png

I wish you lived in the Charlotte area!!! lol My husband works in IT, but he doesn't seem to care much about phones. He could set this up so easily for me if he wanted to... They should offer classes on customizing these things!

In the tip section I did a write up on installing custom icon in Launcher Pro, if that helps.

In the tip section I did a write up on installing custom icon in Launcher Pro, if that helps.

I saw it, but it looked complicated. Plus I had it on my phone for a while yesterday and I had a really hard time finding anything. I like being able to scroll through all my apps, but I love the look of your phone. I just wish dh would help me. He's much better at tech stuff than I am. I want all the latest and greatest, but I want it handed to me ready to go. :D

I saw it, but it looked complicated. Plus I had it on my phone for a while yesterday and I had a really hard time finding anything. I like being able to scroll through all my apps, but I love the look of your phone. I just wish dh would help me. He's much better at tech stuff than I am. I want all the latest and greatest, but I want it handed to me ready to go. :D

I'm sure you could do it. I wrote it up as though the person doing it knew nothing about it at all. If you want an app to be on one of the home screens just long press on the area of the home screen that you want the app to appear, then select applications, then select your app. Give it a try, you'll be fine.

OK, try this, hard menu button, settings, applications,manage applications, then hard menu button, filter, all. Scroll down to "Home", press it, and then press clear defaults.

It's funny...I'm having the exact opposite problem. I've installed LP and Home Switcher, and when I hit the home button, it always takes me back to the LP home screen. I just tried clearing the defaults, but it still does the same thing. It seems to clear the default launcher from the Home Switcher app, but it doesn't change the function of the home button.

You think it's a bug in Home Switcher?

I'm sure you could do it. I wrote it up as though the person doing it knew nothing about it at all. If you want an app to be on one of the home screens just long press on the area of the home screen that you want the app to appear, then select applications, then select your app. Give it a try, you'll be fine.

I may try it again once I have time to play around with it. That one guys post about losing the ability to go back to it and ending up with a black screen scared me a bit.

Back
Top Bottom