• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can someone upload the stock Ruu to get back to stock?

It's fully uploaded now. It's still a work in progress still downloading and uploading ruu's day and night

Thanks man. Might have to return this phone cause where I'm moving in Mississippi there is no cell coverage and I'm going to be going with Cspire aka Cellularsouth. Sucks cause I like this phone and don't want to get rid of it. Guess I'll be getting a Galaxy s3 after all. 4G rolls out there in September and I'm moving there on the 20th. The city I'm moving to was listed as one of the city's getting 4G. I talked to people last time I was there and they said even Verizon gets crappy signal out there and that Cspire is the only one that offers good service in the area. Times are tight and I'm moving where the work is. Got a job out there waiting for me so I'm pretty stoked.

Will I have to reactivate?

EDIT: Although I suppose it doesn't really matter as I'm in the process of doing it right now...

EDIT2: Sweet! Don't have to reactivate.

You should be able to activate with a stock based rom such as Harmonia.
You shouldn't have to use the RUU just for that.

I am still S-On. I have had issues with the SMS error with every ROM I have tried: Harmonia, MeanRom, Midnight. So now I am wanting to try returning it back to full stock to see if that helps. I like the phone and would prefer not to take it back, but getting errors while trying to send a text message (which is a basic function of the phone) will be a deal breaker.

I am still S-On. I have had issues with the SMS error with every ROM I have tried: Harmonia, MeanRom, Midnight. So now I am wanting to try returning it back to full stock to see if that helps. I like the phone and would prefer not to take it back, but getting errors while trying to send a text message (which is a basic function of the phone) will be a deal breaker.

I did the "turn your phone into a 3d" steps and I text nearly all day and never had an issue. Dunno if it makes a diff but my phone doesn't have the sprint logo on it

The error is a radio and PRI issue, not a rom issue.
Both are easily fixed if you go S-off.

I'll figure it out. Thanks for the help, mate.

Any recommendations for an exe s-off program I could use when I decide go back to full nerdroid?

Back
Top Bottom