• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can Triumph Be Overcharged?

mlsa

Good Morning Everybody

Question for you. Can you overcharge the Triumph if you left it charging overnight? I haven't done that but was curious if I was to forget and left it charging would it ruin the battery or does it have some type of thing on it to keep it from overcharging.

And everybody is right about the battery being one of the worst things about the phone or at least to me it is. Everything else I love about it and I'm having no problems.

Thanks

David

You shouldn't be able to. The internal circuitry switches to trickle mode at 90% and OFF at 100%; it will actually float down a few percent and then go back into trickle mode.

Of course the circuitry can screw up..... but this is how it is supposed to work.

Correct, tickerguy.
icon14.gif

Sometimes a drop onto a hard suface, or moisture will result in the device heating up. The reason can sometimes be traced to the charge circuit being damaged to the point of true over charge next time the charger is used.

Back
Top Bottom