• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot Answer Phone without Unlocking It-Android9

Doulos Adonai

Mar 21, 2016
I have a black view 9700 Pro and I am missing calls left and right with this new android 9 device. When my phone rings I tried to answer it but I have to unlock my phone. I don't have a Samsung and would love to be able to answer my phone if anybody can help me get to that happy place where when the phone rings I can simply slide the button over to green instead of unlocking the entire phone. I have gone through every function I can think of to be able to receive a call normally but I can't find anything.

I have a black view 9700 Pro and I am missing calls left and right with this new android 9 device. When my phone rings I tried to answer it but I have to unlock my phone. I don't have a Samsung and would love to be able to answer my phone if anybody can help me get to that happy place where when the phone rings I can simply slide the button over to green instead of unlocking the entire phone. I have gone through every function I can think of to be able to receive a call normally but I can't find anything.
has it always done this? or after an update? or did it just started randomly?

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
If you love something, set it free. If it doesn’t come back to you, then it wasn’t meant to be...

If you’re dealing with anything past Oreo, you’re in a pinch.

I had an Oreo phone that literally made me an angry man. To answer, I disabled the lock screen. Not great for security, but hey - as I progressed w/friends helping me to root my phone, I learned that everything from Oreo-forward leans heavily upon the cloud where it resides.

With slower CPUs, it makes life crawl. Answering the phone, w/new ROMs (of course, I only use one at a time) became a nightmare. I had to disable the lock screen, easily done within Settings - but then, the phone would not go to the Phone app UNLESS I hit the phone icon, which made the phone app work (finally).

Most times, the call would go to voicemail before I could answer it. Hence my being angry; I had changed my apps to F-Droid, linked my phone to sync with one of the many servers available for developers, and hoped for the best.

Not long after, my Chinese-made phone gave up the ghost, as it were. I still have an unlocked Alcatel/ZTE to play with, as I love old-school AOSP... but my privacy concerns have sent me over to the other side...

Apple.

And yes, jail breaking will be my game. I love Android, but they have replaced Microsoft for being top dog when it comes to data mining. Go look at Google’s ratings for their services:

D - D +

I am not one entity in a herd of stupid US sheep. I really pity the rest. It’s time for everyone to start paying attention. I was a Google fan, but they changed their TOS - so goodbye, data privacy. From them, 3rd-party devs, & THEIR ADVERTISERS - which, are no more than data vacuum cleaners... but I digress.

No matter where you are in the world -

Protect your privacy. Stateside, the Privacy Act of 1974 still applies; all one has to do is look at California, and soon, Colorado and myriad others... get smart, & remember that all smartphone users have inalienable rights; though corporate has gone NUTS Stateside since the 2000 election (read your history), you STILL HAVE RIGHTS.

Wouldn’t it be nice if all phone users had better privacy, instead of having to change sync, servers, and apps?

Think about it. I love Android; but now, it’s a Microsoft repeat. Tell all of the dev buddies you know about this. Maybe, just maybe, privacy will once again reign supreme. And don’t give me the business about making money, honey. There are more equitable ways to do that.

It’s the baldfaced truth. No joke. I hope that this will be read. No offense, Google, but I’m only steps away from deleting my Google account. It’s just like the rest of the greed Meisters who only care about the bottom line.

Why worry about your government, when corporate is already going into your data?

My two cents. You can love me, or hate me.

LW

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
If you love something, set it free. If it doesn’t come back to you, then it wasn’t meant to be...

If you’re dealing with anything past Oreo, you’re in a pinch.

I had an Oreo phone that literally made me an angry man. To answer, I disabled the lock screen. Not great for security, but hey - as I progressed w/friends helping me to root my phone, I learned that everything from Oreo-forward leans heavily upon the cloud where it resides.

With slower CPUs, it makes life crawl. Answering the phone, w/new ROMs (of course, I only use one at a time) became a nightmare. I had to disable the lock screen, easily done within Settings - but then, the phone would not go to the Phone app UNLESS I hit the phone icon, which made the phone app work (finally).

Most times, the call would go to voicemail before I could answer it. Hence my being angry; I had changed my apps to F-Droid, linked my phone to sync with one of the many servers available for developers, and hoped for the best.

Not long after, my Chinese-made phone gave up the ghost, as it were. I still have an unlocked Alcatel/ZTE to play with, as I love old-school AOSP... but my privacy concerns have sent me over to the other side...

Apple.

And yes, jail breaking will be my game. I love Android, but they have replaced Microsoft for being top dog when it comes to data mining. Go look at Google’s ratings for their services:

D - D +

I am not one entity in a herd of stupid US sheep. I really pity the rest. It’s time for everyone to start paying attention. I was a Google fan, but they changed their TOS - so goodbye, data privacy. From them, 3rd-party devs, & THEIR ADVERTISERS - which, are no more than data vacuum cleaners... but I digress.

No matter where you are in the world -

Protect your privacy. Stateside, the Privacy Act of 1974 still applies; all one has to do is look at California, and soon, Colorado and myriad others... get smart, & remember that all smartphone users have inalienable rights; though corporate has gone NUTS Stateside since the 2000 election (read your history), you STILL HAVE RIGHTS.

Wouldn’t it be nice if all phone users had better privacy, instead of having to change sync, servers, and apps?

Think about it. I love Android; but now, it’s a Microsoft repeat. Tell all of the dev buddies you know about this. Maybe, just maybe, privacy will once again reign supreme. And don’t give me the business about making money, honey. There are more equitable ways to do that.

It’s the baldfaced truth. No joke. I hope that this will be read. No offense, Google, but I’m only steps away from deleting my Google account. It’s just like the rest of the greed Meisters who only care about the bottom line.

Why worry about your government, when corporate is already going into your data?

My two cents. You can love me, or hate me.

LW

I haven't had any of thoughs issues with my rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 4 running 6.0.1 MM. In fact, I answer call from the lock screen all the time. One thig I hated was every time I booted the phone, even with fingerprint unlock, I had to first time in the pass word. Luckily, there's and Xposed module that lets me boot-up and unlock with just a finger swipe.

PS: I'm no fan of Google.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones