• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot send or or open photos via text

While trying to send a photo it gets stuck (says "Sending" forever) so I just stop the process. When trying to open pictures people send to me it says "Downloading" forever so again I just stop the process. Then for about 4 more days those messages still show up and stay stuck on Downloading. Have had the phone for about 2 years and this problem for a few months. Not rooted (and don't want to). Any suggestions? If this has been covered (I checked, couldn't zero in on this specific issue) please direct me to the proper thread.

Have you tried enabling data when sending/receiving? Doing that should allow you to receive pictures and send them.

Still not working. WIFI off, data enabled. I don't get it. I sent an email to VirginMobile for help. I followed their instructions (below) and still nothing works.

Please follow the instructions below:
Turn the phone off. Remove the battery for 15 seconds. Reinstall the battery. Turn the phone on. Also, we need you to please compose and send a picture message to your own 10-digit number. Then, reply to this email with the answers to the following questions:

1. What is the exact error message?
2. Are you using recipient's full 10-digit phone number when sending
message?
3. Are you using a stored contact when sending the message?
4. Exact address(es) where you are experiencing the issue:
5. Date and Time the problem started:

I told them I don't get an error message, it just stalls at Sending and Downloading. I have tried sending to stored contacts and also typing 10-digit numbers from scratch...and I don't know what Question #4 even means!

Are you trying to send pics to someone with an IPhone? Are the pics your trying to download coming from someone with an IPhone?
IPhones, and especially those IPhones on the AT&T network, don't do well sending or receiving pics to the V.

I don't know if this is the case, just thought I'd throw that tidbit out there.

This is beyond me. Maybe someone will pop in with the solution.
I'm not the ultimate trouble shooter for this phone, just the last holdout/torch bearer of good trouble shooters.

HTC Evo V 4G.
Check out the forum.

The Slll has a goofy file reading system. Not quite right.

Plus, you still can sometimes keep the $25.00 plan, if your on it.

I just got a Samsung Metrix and I am having the same issue! I can't send a photo via text or email from home but when I leave my house I can or the message that was on eternal "pending" will finally go through.

Also, if someone sends me photos in a text message and I hit download.....they will not. They say "downloading" eternally.

What is the problem? Has anyone figured it out yet?

Thanks!

kgwfarms: Every carrier is different. AT&T is not a CDMA type. Virgin Mobile is.

Check the AT&T carrier forum or the Motorola Matrix forum for the best advice for your phone on the AT&T network.

Back
Top Bottom