• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot send or receive MMS messages

I wanna say sorry ahead of time for posting this hear after posting this in another forum, but I haven't gotten any feedback or help and was hoping someone here knew what was going on.

Starting about 2 days ago, I haven't been able to send or receive any picture messages. I had the phone for about a week and a half and was sending and receiving perfectly fine. All of a sudden, when I tried to send a message, it would provide me a little icon showing it trying to send (with a little clock in the corner of the message), but after like 5 minutes, I'd get a notification saying that it gave me a "Generic Network Failure" and was unsuccessful. I've tried sending when on WiFi and Mobile Data and in different locations. When receiving a message I get a message within the text conversation asking me if I'd like to download or decline the picture someone is sending me. This is a new notification as I don't remember getting this prior to this issue. If I click download, the same type of thing happens. After a few minutes I get a failure.

I called VZW tech support and they had me do reset, battery pull, SIM card pull, they futzed with stuff on their end and finally I have a network ticket open.

I really don't want to have to swap my phone now, but that was what they suggested if they can't figure out the issue.

I had this happen to me on my old OG Droid, so I don't think it is your phone. The reason I say this is because when I got my TB I wiped my Droid and gave it to my wife, she has had no issues sending or receiving MMS. I haven't seen the issue come back again on the TB at all.

Now with that said this seems to be an issue that pops up across various Android devices. Not sure what is going on, but if you put a gun to my head I would say it was an issue with Verizon. I would continue to work with them and see what all they can try on their end. I really think that when I switched phones over to the TB, something with the activation reset something with my network conection on their end and solved the issue.

Same thing happened to me. Called tech support they removed and then added the picture message feature on my account and that fixed. Now its back. I'm rooted and running the nonsense Rom and the 1.2 overclock. Don't know if that has something to do with it or not.

had the same issues, removed my battery for about five minutes and put it back in and started up the phone all issues fixed.

I'm also having issues sending and receiving picture messages. Rooted, stock rom, using handcent and it was fine for awhile and stopped working the last few days, will try battery pull before waiting on hold for tech support...

I've had an incoming picture message stuck in my Incredible for 2 days, beeping every 15 minutes with the generic failure message. The Verizon store told me to do a factory reset. I'm glad I tried pulling the battery first.:) That worked.

Back
Top Bottom