• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't access my S3 via USB? Worked once... now won't?

meissen

Sep 1, 2012
I don't understand if my phone is just a piece of junk or if these custom ROMs are screwing my phone up. I had CM10.2 installed and had the same problem - I was able to connect my phone via USB and access the file system once.... After that, not again. I then used Kies Air to transfer files to my phone and installed Carbon ROM, again - first time I plug in the USB it connects and I can see the file system, after that - haven't been able to get it to connect again.

The phone sees the USB is connected and providing a charging source for the phone, but it won't give me access to the file system.

I've tried unchecking the debug checkbox, I've tried rebooting the phone, I've tried rebooting into recovery and wiping cache and dalvik, I've tried uninstalling Kies on my computer and reinstalling USB drivers, I've tried the USB Mass Storage app which lets you switch between mass storage and MTP mode, I've tried switching between MTP and PTP, etc...

What am I doing wrong?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones