• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't activate Google Wallet account

joesixpack

Android Enthusiast
I tried to reload Google Wallet on my VGN. Was able to do it by the back-door Google Play method but, when it came time to activate my account, the installation hangs and does not complete. Any thoughts? I had an account before and had to uninstall the program because I performed a factory reset a few months back. Couldn't even re-install the program until the 4.0.4 update got pushed.

As usual, all suggestions appreciated.

I tried to reload Google Wallet on my VGN. Was able to do it by the back-door Google Play method but, when it came time to activate my account, the installation hangs and does not complete. Any thoughts? I had an account before and had to uninstall the program because I performed a factory reset a few months back. Couldn't even re-install the program until the 4.0.4 update got pushed.

Its possible that the factory reset affected your Google Wallet, check this link out:
PSA: Resetting your phone risks upsetting Google Wallet, unless you do it right -- Engadget

Are you running the latest version of Android (the update pushed by Verizon)? I thought that Google Wallet support was released on this, I may be wrong, but since then I can easily install the application from the market without having to do all the back end stuff.

Google Wallet has been really slow for me the past couple weeks, not sure if they are being overwhelmed by the Evo 4g LTE folks or what... Try activating your account during a low traffic time, ie early in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom