• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cant change service, nobody knows why either

savtattoo

I have a s4 from Metro, which supposedly runs off of t-mos gsm towers. So I decided I wanted to change service to t-mo to get a plan that Metro doesnt offer, but when I went in to do this t-mo put their sim card in & it wouldnt recognize it....
Needless to say I was stumped & T-mo didnt know what to do either

I have a s4 from Metro, which supposedly runs off of t-mos gsm towers. So I decided I wanted to change service to t-mo to get a plan that Metro doesnt offer, but when I went in to do this t-mo put their sim card in & it wouldnt recognize it....
Needless to say I was stumped & T-mo didnt know what to do either
I have read that metro has sim locked the phone, you could go through the sim unlock steps and see if that works.

I have read that metro has sim locked the phone, you could go through the sim unlock steps and see if that works.

One question....
Doesnt that only lock the sim card though? When t-mo put their sim card in my phone it didnt recognize their card. Which makes me think there is some kind of lock in the phone itself. Though I did go into Metros corporate store & they said its NOT locked, they definitely werent very helpful.

One question....
Doesnt that only lock the sim card though? When t-mo put their sim card in my phone it didnt recognize their card. Which makes me think there is some kind of lock in the phone itself. Though I did go into Metros corporate store & they said its NOT locked, they definitely werent very helpful.
The only experience I have with locked sim.

ATT phone if you put tmo sim in it gives you a screen saying network sim locked enter code to unlock.

Back
Top Bottom