• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help can't connect to open WiFi anymore

erbfarm

Lurker
I've had my HTC Hero for one week. First day I got it, I walked into a Radio Shack and connected to the open WiFi instantly no problem. I can connect to any secured network (w/ pwd) no problem. However, ever since I put the phone in airplane mode while on a flight, I haven't been able to connect to any open Wifi network. The Hero detects the network and says I'm connected, but I can't get on the internet at all. The phone says it's not in airplane mode but maybe it still is? help please. I'm running android 2.1.
 
Try turning the wifi on and off, and if that doesn't work, try turning the phone on and off. Usually when my internet is saying im not able to connect when i know im connected, I use a task manager to kill it and start again. Usually works for me :)
 
I've turned the phone off/on and the WiFi off/on many many times and have tried many different open WiFi networks also, same story. The only task manager I know of is the one under the menu--> settings-->applications--> running services. Is there another task manager on the phone?
 
Back
Top Bottom