• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't get into recovery after jb update

jigz23

Nov 22, 2012
Since the update, I can't seem to get to the recovery to clear my cache. I reset the phone with power and volume up. Get the menu, press volume down to select recovery. Press volume up to select recovery. The phone begins to boot with the red motorola sign but all i end up with is the android on its back with an exclamation sign on its stomach. What's going on? Help me. Please?

Sorry. Maybe I didn't explain it clearly enough. I can get to the point where I can choose the recovery option by pressing volume up on it. But I get the dead android before I get into recovery.

wait that's different, it was hit or miss, again, the prior leak... Should happen fast, but there's some accounts that say to hold it for like a minute... interesting.

Upvote 0
Since the update, I can't seem to get to the recovery to clear my cache. I reset the phone with power and volume up. Get the menu, press volume down to select recovery. Press volume up to select recovery. The phone begins to boot with the red motorola sign but all i end up with is the android on its back with an exclamation sign on its stomach. What's going on? Help me. Please?

I get the same thing too. So it's not just you.

Upvote 0
I get the same thing too. So it's not just you.

Hm. So i guess there's no way for me to clear my cache at the moment then huh. I can get into the boot menu just fine, and before the update I was able to select recovery which would bring me to the menu that allowed me to clear cache. But now since the update, when I choose the recovery option from the boot menu, that's when I get the dead android. I hope this is something that will be fixed with a small ota patch.

Upvote 0
Hm. So i guess there's no way for me to clear my cache at the moment then huh. I can get into the boot menu just fine, and before the update I was able to select recovery which would bring me to the menu that allowed me to clear cache. But now since the update, when I choose the recovery option from the boot menu, that's when I get the dead android. I hope this is something that will be fixed with a small ota patch.

Again, had the same before, just tried, and no-go. Let me search my emails and stuff. There might be a trick, but might not... I've only confirmed that it doesn't work. GRRRR

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones