• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root can't receive calls/sms/mms, can make calls and data is fine

IkarugaDC

Lurker
Feb 24, 2012
I went from Starship Triumph Final to the latest beta for MTDEV CM7, 1115 I think, and my phone essentially stopped accepting calls, sms, and mms. If i call out, I receive sms/mms in chunks, not even all at once. I have to call voice mail several times in order to get all the missed messages if there were alot. The phone doesn't recognize calls were missed, and voice mail only updates if i make a call out. Data works great. Sending sms/mms seems to work.

I wiped data, cache, and dalvik, and tried 1115, the october build, and BACK to starship triumph final, all with that pattern of wiping in between, and the problem persists. Does anybody have any clue what's going on?

I bought this phone during black friday weekend last year, so I think i'm barely within a year and can probably get something from VM, but this is still a pain in the ass since I'm expecting calls from potential jobs this semester >.>

EDIT: after a couple more tries, I MTDEV-UNROOTed, and now it works, but now i'm back on stock.

I went from Starship Triumph Final to the latest beta for MTDEV CM7, 1115 I think, and my phone essentially stopped accepting calls, sms, and mms. If i call out, I receive sms/mms in chunks, not even all at once. I have to call voice mail several times in order to get all the missed messages if there were alot. The phone doesn't recognize calls were missed, and voice mail only updates if i make a call out. Data works great. Sending sms/mms seems to work.

I wiped data, cache, and dalvik, and tried 1115, the october build, and BACK to starship triumph final, all with that pattern of wiping in between, and the problem persists. Does anybody have any clue what's going on?

I bought this phone during black friday weekend last year, so I think i'm barely within a year and can probably get something from VM, but this is still a pain in the ass since I'm expecting calls from potential jobs this semester >.>

EDIT: after a couple more tries, I MTDEV-UNROOTed, and now it works, but now i'm back on stock.

Happened here once. I redownloaded, double wiped, and didn't mess with it til after it booted. No g now or anything. Chalked it up to bad download. Reroot and try again. Good luck.

Upvote 0
Happened here once. I redownloaded, double wiped, and didn't mess with it til after it booted. No g now or anything. Chalked it up to bad download. Reroot and try again. Good luck.

You don't need to reroot as the rooting is in the kernel (+ ROM) which comes with the ROM. But yeah, I'd check the download and reflash. Remember to do a factory reset (it's a format of the /data and /cache partitions) then reflash.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones