• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't see my EVO on My Computer. NEED HELP!!!!!

Ventada

This is so frustrating....Whenever I plug in my EVO into my computer via usb cable, I cannot access the SD card. When I plug it in, the phone shows up as
"CD Drive (F) EVO AND as removable disk (K). I am going insane and cannot find a solution after googling and browsing through this forum. Need help going crazy!

I am also rooted if this helps.

As far as your problem its hard to know if its a windows problem or a phone problem. First is your phone showing "Disk Drive" or is it HTC Sync or Charge only. IF it is a Disk Drive and apparently windows can see it then it may be a driver issue you could try to reboot both the computer and the phone and see if it allows you to run the phone as a disk drive and then see if your having problems in Windows or you could boot into a live Linux cd and see if its able to allow you to access your phone. I would shut both down for a few minutes maybe even clean out cache on the phone and computer.

As far as your problem its hard to know if its a windows problem or a phone problem. First is your phone showing "Disk Drive" or is it HTC Sync or Charge only. IF it is a Disk Drive and apparently windows can see it then it may be a driver issue you could try to reboot both the computer and the phone and see if it allows you to run the phone as a disk drive and then see if your having problems in Windows or you could boot into a live Linux cd and see if its able to allow you to access your phone. I would shut both down for a few minutes maybe even clean out cache on the phone and computer.

I can't see my phone on my computer. When I put the phone into "Disk Drive" the phone doesn't show up on the computer and I can still access my SD Card which I shouldn't be able to do.

I can't see my phone on my computer. When I put the phone into "Disk Drive" the phone doesn't show up on the computer and I can still access my SD Card which I shouldn't be able to do.

Windows will not display the contents of the phone. Only the contents of the SD Card. Windows is an Extreeeemly Dumb OS. It can only see files structures that are FAT based or NTFS based. Windows is not able to understand Linux ext2,3, or 4 file systems. Your op stated that you could not access the SD Card. Are you now able to access the Card?

Windows will not display the contents of the phone. Only the contents of the SD Card. Windows is an Extreeeemly Dumb OS. It can only see files structures that are FAT based or NTFS based. Windows is not able to understand Linux ext2,3, or 4 file systems. Your op stated that you could not access the SD Card. Are you now able to access the Card?

Yes I cannot access the SD card from my computer.

Yes I cannot access the SD card from my computer.

remove the card from the phone and make sure that windows can see it without the phone. Do you have a Card Reader? You'll need one if not. However most of this sounds like a drive issue in windows. Have you looked in the Device Manager for an exclamation point? Maybe go in Device manager and Remove the HTC Entry and then click Action > Scan For Hardware Changes and see if windows will pick up the phone and install drivers for it.

I deleted my drivers and then plugged my phone back in and the drivers installed again, but my phones SD card does still not show up on my computer.

Take the card out of the phone plug it into a card reader and see if windows will read it. If Windows will read it try running:

Start > Run
type in the Runbox:
cmd
In the Dos Box that opens type:
chkdsk x /f /r
replace (x) with the actual drive letter
see that windows has found no bad spots.

If windows still cannot acces the card even with a card reader your partition may be corrupt or you have a bad spot at the start of your SD Card. You could try to repartition and see if windows find it then (NOTE: PARTITIONING WILL DESTROY ALL CONTENTS OF THE DRIVE) format the drive. If you have a bad spot on the disk. Go to the store and buy a new one.

When I updated I lost the htc sync software. I just went to the htc website and downloaded it again. It took awhile but then my computer recognized it and I was able to access my SD card.

The problem is not Windows, it's the phone. My Motorola Atrix 4G is fully accessible to my Windows PC, SD card and all, and I'm not even rooted. I didn't even have to stick in any CD or download any drivers, it happened all by itself. This is because of the design of the phone, not a limitation of Windows. I was drag-n-drop right out of the box on the day I bought my Atrix. No geeking was required.

However, I am in here looking for solutions because both of my brother-in-law's new EVO and Bionic phones are having issues with Windows (copying files properly and "invisible" files once copied).

On his Mac, it's even worse - the phones don't show up at all.

However, I am in here looking for solutions because both of my brother-in-law's new EVO and Bionic phones are having issues with Windows (copying files properly and "invisible" files once copied).

On his Mac, it's even worse - the phones don't show up at all.

If possible when Windows or Mac or Linux for that matter cannot see the SD Card when it is in the phone first check that the phone is in Disk Mode and not in Charge or Sync. If it is in Disk Mode and still will not be accessed take the card out and place it in a card reader. If it pics it up then you have a driver issue if it does not you have a Card issue. If you have another Card available try placing that into the phones and see if windows or mac will recognize that one. (I did that once it recognized it so then I switched the cards back and windows picked it up the next time with no issues so who knows why. other than one was being temperamental)

Back
Top Bottom