• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't unlock screen during calls

oscarvn

Lurker
May 31, 2021
Whenever I'm on a call, I can't unlock my screen and use it. This means I am reliant on the other person to hang up so I can continue to use my phone - and this is impossible with an automatic greeting.

I have looked around and thought I might have to look in Device and Call Settings but this section is blank when I open it.

The last piece of confusion is that I ordered a Blackview A70, and "Blackview" is written on the back of the phone. While this isn't available in the dropdown when choosing the device as part of making this post, the phone is identical with the Samsung A70 displayed.

Would really appreciate help on this.

1. Remove any accessories.
    Third-party protective films, cases, stickers, or glass screen protectors may block the sensor and should be removed. It is recommended to use Samsung-approved accessories only.
  2. Restart the phone.
    Once you’re off the call, restart the phone by swiping down from the top of the phone with two fingers to open Quick settings. Tap the Power icon. Tap Restart, and then tap Restart again.
  3. Clean the sensor with a soft cloth. the proximity sensor is located at the top of the phone, although the exact position will vary by model
I hope this will help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones