• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help capitvate hanging up on calls

phantom76

Jun 11, 2009
Hey all

My wife and I both have captivate running 2.2 however have both noticed that our phones are prone to hanging up in mid call.. I assume this is because of where the end call key is located on the screen and if may get bumped by a cheek... Anyone know of a solution to this somewhat annoying issue?

I use widgetlocker ($2) but well worth it. Now when I make or receive a call once the screen goes black and I wake it back up in order to do anything I have to unlock it so no more accidental hang ups or answering from my pocket as I slide the phone out. Plus I can create a custom lock screen to get to apps or even the camera without unlocking the phone.

Upvote 0
I use widgetlocker ($2) but well worth it. Now when I make or receive a call once the screen goes black and I wake it back up in order to do anything I have to unlock it so no more accidental hang ups or answering from my pocket as I slide the phone out. Plus I can create a custom lock screen to get to apps or even the camera without unlocking the phone.

That's nice but I shouldn't have to add some workaround let alone pay for it. This phone is a joke and Samsung is laughing all the way to the bank.

Upvote 0
its true but widgetlocker serves other functions as well not just to prevent the accidental cheek hang up. and the hangup issue isnt just for this phone i was having the same issue on my inspire if the light sensor gets even the slightest amount of light like i moved it away the screen would turn on leading to the cheek hang up.

i was looking around the market and came across a free app called Don't Hang up! i havent had a chance to try it yet

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones