• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

car app

lowkey69ac

Hey all,

Can anyone recommend a good replacement for Vlingos crappy "Video command" that starts everytime I plug my phone into the car dock (I dont know why Sammy keeps using crap software from these guys). I would love just a simple car dock app that DOESNT use internet to search my phone contacts!

Thanks all!

You ever think to check the Vlingo settings? Both of those things you're complaining about can be turned off.

Go into voice talk > Menu > Settings > untick "Use location" and it won't require a net connection anymore.

Go into voice talk > Menu > Settings > voice talk settings > untick "Launch on Bluetooth" and it shouldn't automatically start when you plug it into your car dock.

You ever think to check the Vlingo settings? Both of those things you're complaining about can be turned off.

Go into voice talk > Menu > Settings > untick "Use location" and it won't require a net connection anymore.

Go into voice talk > Menu > Settings > voice talk settings > untick "Launch on Bluetooth" and it shouldn't automatically start when you plug it into your car dock.

Yeah, already did that and it didnt work, still uses Internet, still keeps asking me what I want to say, still a POS (but thanks for the smart a_ss remark)
By the way, if you look around the fourms and online, NO ONE LIKE VLINGO.

So, to anyone who wants to help, can you recommend a decent car app?

Thanks!

Yeah, already did that and it didnt work, still uses Internet, still keeps asking me what I want to say, still a POS (but thanks for the smart a_ss remark)
By the way, if you look around the fourms and online, NO ONE LIKE VLINGO.

So, to anyone who wants to help, can you recommend a decent car app?

Thanks!

Wasn't meant to be a smartass remark.. vlingo works fine for me and doesn't seem to complain about needing a net connection since I turned that option off. I just, perhaps incorrectly, presumed you hadn't tried configuring the settings.

Try "Voice actions 8" (where the '8' is an infinity symbol) and "speaktoit assistant" - both have a high number of downloads and high ratings.

Back
Top Bottom