• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Carrier Name

Hello, just joined, as I have a Note 2 on Three UK. I've just changed from an iphone 4, and so far it's pretty awesome.

On the main screen at the top, there is no carrier name like there was on the iphone. Is there any way of showing this? It's not a huge deal but sometimes it shows there is a lot of signal, but it's from another network, and there is no signal from 3.

thanks,

Hello, just joined, as I have a Note 2 on Three UK. I've just changed from an iphone 4, and so far it's pretty awesome.

On the main screen at the top, there is no carrier name like there was on the iphone. Is there any way of showing this? It's not a huge deal but sometimes it shows there is a lot of signal, but it's from another network, and there is no signal from 3.

thanks,

Don't really know of any. But the carrier can be found in the pulldown shade and I think on the lockscreen.

Upvote 0
Just had a look but cant see owt... Mines on three network too and its same, not display name. Had superb signal with note 2 though compared to my galaxy s1.. Thats two years of technology for ya, its a big step up for me lol

Loving not having all the three branding though, i routed and went custom on the galaxy s within 1 hour of switch on. this is my baby and think it will be staying standard for the forseeable future.

Upvote 0
Thanks, can't see it anywhere, when locked or unlocked, still it's a small price to pay for such a great phone. I'm not sure how I'll get it in my jacket pocket for work tomorrow.

Im sure you will manage :D:D:D The problem been, how you will keep it in there when ya supposed to be working lol, mine gets hammered at work. Everyone is really jealous pmsl The more you use it the more you fall in love with it. I got my galaxy s1 out last night for a quick play and put it straight down, hate it been so small... Think its gonna be off loaded somewhere lol. Note 2 is the future :D:D:D

Upvote 0

thanks,

I changed from 3 to T-Mobile this morning and as you may know T-Mobile share their network with Orange in the UK. The result of this sharing is that if one cannot receive T-M the connection switches transparently to Orange & vice-versa. Since I live in a fringe area the connection switches just by going from one room to another or even on the time of day, when staying in the same place!
As you, I really missed knowing which network I

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones