• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cases And screen protectors

This Ballistic case is quite nice, similar to an Otterbox. May get one soon but the price is a bit much.

Attachments

• SG0929-M005_optimuselite_sg_black_hr_005.jpg
    SG0929-M005_optimuselite_sg_black_hr_005.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 79
why bother posting to start?

Well, I didn't want to be completely rude. But there is the color and am I the only one who noticed the "tri-phallic symbol".

crap .... now I've been rude. Guess I could blame the rum, but I'm the one typing ;)

I just got the Trident case for my wife's Elite. It is a very good case. I've had Tridents in the past and know their quality, and this one is no different. On par with Otterbox.

I'm currently using one of the cheap, 2 piece, hard plastic cases from eBay. Thinking about the cheap silicon ones.

Which one do you think protects the phone better from fall damage?

I'm currently using one of the cheap, 2 piece, hard plastic cases from eBay. Thinking about the cheap silicon ones.

Which one do you think protects the phone better from fall damage?

I have no clue ..... But FWIW: I have both of these cases and prefer the fit and feel of the two piece one.

I've bought a few of the rubberized hard cases from amazon for about 3 bucks including shipping and handling. So far I love the cases, they fit pretty well and has a great feel to it.

After seeing the pink one I ordered the trident case from amazon in black. $23.95 shipped. Shipping was amazingly fast - had it a day and a half after placing the order. Case fits perfectly and is comparable to the otterbox commuter case I had on my Op V. It's a quality case for a reasonable price. The buttons and ports all line up correctly and are covered by rubber. The port plugs open and close nicely, and I expect they will be as durable as those of the otterbox. The included screen protector fits well although the opening around the speaker is a bit larger than necessary. I'm going to live with the screen protector for awhile before I decide whether to remove it. The case makes the phone heavier and more solid in feel - don't know if that's a plus or a minus, but it's inevitable with a protective case. I believe it will protect the phone well from drops and bumps.

The Trident is by far the best case currently available for the OE. Yes it adds some bulk and weight, but it will actually protect the phone and looks pretty good, too.

The Trident is by far the best case currently available for the OE. Yes it adds some bulk and weight, but it will actually protect the phone and looks pretty good, too.

I paid $15.45 total on Ebay for it. Thought that was a good deal (only $3 more than the one I sent back). Should have it by Thursday next week. I already have a screen protector I like so will keep the new one as a spare.

The Trident is by far the best, seeing as how there's no Otterbox.
No bulky corners like the Ballistic.

It has tabs to cover the 3.5mm and USB like an Otterbox,
comes in multiple colors, and includes a screen protector.
There's also a Zagg screen protector for this phone. I just use
the one that came with the case though, it's pretty good.

I have the one with the black insert.

trident.jpg
[/IMG]

Let us know how it works. It is a nice looking case.

Okay...I LOVE my Trident Aegis case. LOVE IT. Effortless installation, comes with a screen protector too. Looks pretty darn cool as well!!!! So comfortable to hold onto....not slick at all so no fear of slipping out of my hand. I love that it has the silicone covers over all of the side buttons too.

I wish I bought this before I chipped my phone by trying one of those snap on (but NOT snap off) covers. (I say RUN...DON"t WALK..away from those hard shell covers.) This case is PERFECT and I'd say makes me just as happy as an Otterbox would. :p

For those who want the link....here it is again: LG Optimus Elite Trident Aegis Polycarbonate Silicone Case Pink AG-LG-LS696-PK | eBay

Yep! Love mine too. May I ask how much you paid for yours?

The Trident is by far the best, seeing as how there's no Otterbox.
No bulky corners like the Ballistic.

It has tabs to cover the 3.5mm and USB like an Otterbox,
comes in multiple colors, and includes a screen protector.
There's also a Zagg screen protector for this phone. I just use
the one that came with the case though, it's pretty good.

I have the one with the black insert.

trident.jpg
[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom