• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Casio C811 GzOne Commando 4G LTE dissambly Tutorial (Pics)

I didn't see an actual tutorial on this when I did my search on the web. So I did one with some pictures and tried to be pretty through. I got on here and saw meskalin http://androidforums.com/casio-g-zo...ommando-4g-lte-digitizer-lcd-replacement.html did a decent job with his video Casio C811 GzOne Commando 4G LTE Digitizer/LCD replacement - YouTube trying to show his process once he had it apart.

Disassembly is not as labor intensive as the 771 was.

The digitizer glass and the LCD are glued together with UV curing glue. If you are going to replace just the glass, keep this in mind, otherwise, you will want to get the assembly, and not just the glass (or just the LCD).

Online, I found the glass for around $38, the LCD for $45, the assembly $70 ($50 if you don't mind a wait) (prices off ebay). (Side note: LOCA UV glue $5, UV lamp $20)

If you purchased them individually but needed the assembly, you will need to heat the UV glue to pull them apart (be careful you don't overheat and destroy your LCD), add your UV glue and cure it (add your glue in a >-< design, slowly lower the glass and remove any air bubbles).

Tools
[FONT=&quot]o [/FONT]Triwing screwdriver (1x50)
[FONT=&quot]o [/FONT]Phillips screwdriver (PH0)
[FONT=&quot]o [/FONT]Phillips screwdriver (PH000)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones