• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Best Custom Recovery and ROM

AndyOpie150

<strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus
May 13, 2011
Florida
My younger brother (38) has an HTC EVO 3D on the Sprint network. His stock ROM is getting a little tired after 2 years.
What would be the best Recovery and ROM ( If S-Off is needed, so be it) for his phone. Best ROM in performance, battery of charge times, functionality, and multitasking ability.
Links would be greatly appreciated.
I will be talking him through the whole process, so I will need to be able to read over the material for several days before helping him.

Thanks
AndyOpie150

PS: He hates the 3D and doesn't use it, so thats not an issue.

Reactions: littlewhiteowl
nother vote for ext 4. i tend to use it as a first choice on any device its available for.

cant comment on an exact rom,but if he does not use the 3d affects,i personally would recomend an AOSP rom,since i am not a fan of the sense 3.x UI. would be a good choice for him also if he doesnt use any of the sense specific widgets.

AOSP will have a smaller foot print in phone memory,and be much less complicated equaling a more current OS while still being smooth and stable. just my 2 cents :)

Reactions: littlewhiteowl
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones