• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Blind wifi Evo 3D

rlimaeco

Lurker
I`m with some problems to connect to a wifi connection that I created with Ubuntu as a hotspot, my old zte racer can see the wifi and successfully conected, but my new EVO 3D can`t see the this network, i configured in the advanced mode to have more perfomance with wifi, but nothing... Anyone knows how to make the evo 3d able to see more wifi networks

This thread has a suggestion for fixing wifi. The problem it fixes and the problem you're having are not identical, but it's worth a shot anyways.

Then there is the standard routine of pulling the battery and rebooting. See if doing that helps. Is your hotspot configured to be an ad hoc server?

yes it's ad hoc...

my little zte racer (android 2.3.7) can see this wifi hotspot, and a Sony xperia ray couldn't see too, and my evo 3d and xperia ray are android 2.3.4 , maybe this is the problem ?

what thread ? where ? do you have the link ? thanks

I forgot to copy the link :p

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-3d/499604-possible-fix-wifi-connects-but-no-internet-try-below.html

And it does seem reasonable that ad hoc support comes in later Android versions. Although I did some hunting and found some options for rooted Evo 3Ds. Unfortunately, the modification does require root, so if it's important enough to root for, I found this post:

[ROM] Apr-11 MeanROM v3.8 | 2.17.651.5 | OC/UV | Beats | 50+ hr bat | 4000+ Quadrants - Page 254 - xda-developers

all right, thanks for the attention , i'll try to root..

the main problem that i have a (GSM) EU version of evo 3d , and software versions is 1.20.401.8

do you know something about how to root this version ?

Back
Top Bottom