• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Bootloader access question

toad6386

Android Enthusiast
OK, after flashing an update incorrectly, I found myself in a n00b loop at the HTC splash screen. "Well, pull the batt, hold volume and power button down to boot into bootloader" you might say (and probably did:) ). That's the trick, when I replaced my digitizer a month or so ago, I somehow broke my volume down button, so.... :( Up til now, I thought that was the one thing I could've broke that didn't make much diff...

So my question is (thinking I already know the answer): Is there another key combo to get into bootloader? I was finally able to get into bootloader using adb commands, but may not always have a computer with mini-sdk tools loaded on it when I bork things up!

Oh, and BTW, thanks to ALL for the many useful posts through the many different threads. The list of those who helped is truly endless, but all the mods, guides and otherwise just good people shared the knowledge that kept me from morphing my phone into a Frisbee-like projectile in frustration! :D

Also, in a pinch, for example you are stuck in a bootloop and can't use your quick boot app, you can connect to the pc and use command prompt to run adb command adb reboot bootloader

buuuuut if you dont have a PC and are stuck in a bootloop with no quickboot app,you are screwed :eek:

so id look into fixing your vol rocker. or dont ever mess with your phone without a PC in the vicinity :p

Yes download an app called Quickboot

Since I was in a bootloop at the splash screen, I REALLY needed a n00b first aid kit, or a quick boot to the seat of my pants for borking things up during something that should have been simple... :banghead:

Also, in a pinch, for example you are stuck in a bootloop and can't use your quick boot app, you can connect to the pc and use command prompt to run adb command adb reboot bootloader

^^^THIS^^^ is what saved my rear and prevented me whining like a baby for too long, had I had to go back to my :bawling: Pre!

buuuuut if you dont have a PC and are stuck in a bootloop with no quickboot app,you are screwed :eek:

so id look into fixing your vol rocker. or dont ever mess with your phone without a PC in the vicinity :p

Lesson learned! :five: Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom