• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Cwm

uknow

Android Enthusiast
Ok im a experienced in rooting android devices with that said I dont understand how to get cwm on this phone ive downloaded it to my computer from a few different links ive even got it from cwm site it self but when I try to open the file it says somthing about ready to burn image or something like anyhelp would be great or a quick guide thanks uknow

Ok im a experienced in rooting android devices with that said I dont understand how to get cwm on this phone ive downloaded it to my computer from a few different links ive even got it from cwm site it self but when I try to open the file it says somthing about ready to burn image or something like anyhelp would be great or a quick guide thanks uknow

Hi uknow,

So let's get a little more information from you if we can please? Is your phone already rooted? The img file cannot be clicked on and ran. It has to be flashed to the phone. If you are rooted there is an app that will flash it for you automatically. If you are not rooted, you have to unlock your bootloader through the HTCdev site before you can flash a custom recovery to the phone.

Can you share with me the information from your bootloader screen?
To get there, power off the phone, do a battery pull, then hold volume down+power. There will be about 4 or 5 lines of text at the top of the screen that I would like you to type here if you don't mind.

Also, while we're on the subject of recoveries. It is pretty much the general consensus that 4ext recovery is the best for our device. People have had problems with CWM on this phone and causing bricks. I would highly suggest 4ext. It is a beautiful recovery and is based off of CWM.

Here is the website: 4EXT Development

As soon as im around the phone again ill do so thanks for the info man I look forward to working with you

Back
Top Bottom