• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] hboot problem?

erik917

so i was going to try to flash this phone today but when i go in the hboot it doesnt let me do anything. it just says error and tells me to reboot. ? can someone help me get this working so i can root the phone?

i am trying to root my phone . this is what it says when i try to get in hboot

Attachments

• IMG_20130620_150658.jpg
    IMG_20130620_150658.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 150
No problem :)

Usually any time you use a PG86IMG.zip, you will want to remove or rename it afterward so that you don't get stuck without being to access bootloader/recovery!

Here is a pretty big list: http://androidforums.com/cdma-evo-3d-all-things-root/650310-compatible-roms-different-hboots.html

I haven't tried most of them. I kinda skipped ICS and went from GB to Jellybean. If you want the jellybean roms you have to go s-off and lower your hboot.

that only details cdma roms correct? definately wouldnt want to flash one of those hboots! :eek:

im out of touch with 3d roms. i usually run stock or stockish roms on my 3d,as i hate to give up the camera and 3d function that AOSP lacks.

if theres an AOSP rom with working 3d,id be willing to give it a shot :cool:

Now I'm not sure. Forgot which section this was in using tapatalk but the picture he posted has a cdma hboot. 1.58.0000

So I guess we better clear this up... This is either in the wrong sub-forum or that picture is not one that he took of his own bootloader?

Good catch! I didn't really look too close at the picture , since you guys had it figured out. If he has 1.58 then this probably needs moved to the CDMA section

Yeah I posted this in the wrong thread. I am on cdma not gsm. But that's I'm trying to get a jelly been rom but I saw I need to downgrade my hboot right? If so can someone help me do that?

Well I got nothing to loose . this isn't my main phone anyways. Ima try it hopefully it works out. It won't work in windows?

Well I got nothing to loose . this isn't my main phone anyways. Ima try it hopefully it works out. It won't work in windows?

It used to but they don't support windows anymore. If you Google ubuntu, they have instructions on their site to make a bootable dvd/usb. It's actually pretty easy. It will definitely increase your chances of success to create the bootable Linux.

Just look at it as a fun weekend project :)

Back
Top Bottom