• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] HELP ROOTING ISSUE 2.17.651.5 doesn't reboot after flashing Unlock_code.bin

slimm

Lurker
Feb 10, 2012
after submitting unlock token and receiving Unlock_code.bin, I enter fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin in command prompt......it says successfull but my phone doesn't react. it doesn't reboot and take me to the screen where you verify that you want to unlock bootloader.....can anyone plese help.....I rooted my last 3d the same way, using the HTC unlock method, can anyone help. I have noticed I'm not the only one with this problem...CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE....THANKS

C:\Users\SLIMM\Desktop\evo3d>fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
sending 'unlocktoken' (0 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.153s]
writing 'unlocktoken'...
(bootloader) unlock token check successfully
OKAY [ 0.009s]
finished. total time: 0.163s

I'm on hboot 1.5. in command prompt i'm able to get the identifier token......i submit it to htcdev website and successfully obtain the unlock code bin in my email......And according to my computer successfully submit he unlock code to my bootloader. the only thing that going wrong is the phone does nothing, where it would usually reboot into the screen that aks if you're sure yo want to unlock.

I got the nexus off craigslist....usually i check esn but i got lazy. i love the phone.

Upvote 0
I'm on hboot 1.5. in command prompt i'm able to get the identifier token......i submit it to htcdev website and successfully obtain the unlock code bin in my email......And according to my computer successfully submit he unlock code to my bootloader. the only thing that going wrong is the phone does nothing, where it would usually reboot into the screen that aks if you're sure yo want to unlock.

I got the nexus off craigslist....usually i check esn but i got lazy. i love the phone.

yup, im one of the ones with the same problem. i have been asking for help with it, and looking around on the internet for a solution and all the ones that were given, just plain dont work. been trying for a few months

Upvote 0
I had a similar issue when I did HTC unlock. I just left the phone in fast boot after I sent the code I didnt do anything for a very long time then once it finally did go to the screen where it asks if you want to unlock. The phone was unresponsive. So once I finally rebooted or got it to (can't remember). It was unlocked.

Upvote 0
I had a similar issue when I did HTC unlock. I just left the phone in fast boot after I sent the code I didnt do anything for a very long time then once it finally did go to the screen where it asks if you want to unlock. The phone was unresponsive. So once I finally rebooted or got it to (can't remember). It was unlocked.

So would you say you waited 10 minutes or so before rebooting it?

Also, for those of you that flash unlock_code.bin, do you notice a progress bar on the upper right hand side of the bootloader?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones