• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] HTC weather widget Sense 4

toad6386

Android Enthusiast
Okay, so I flashed Viper 3D tonight, and love it so far, but somehow thru aroma I've lost the HTC weather widget, getting errors trying to restore with TB, and the replacements I've found aren't quite up to scratch. Anyone know where I can find the real apk? Thanks! I will gladly pay you Tuesday...

You might have to pull it from another Rom file, or I would simply post in the Viper Rom thread and see what they say, they might have a solution for this issue, I have not tried or used Viper so I am really no help here. Keep us posted on your progress though. I am assuming Aroma is an app to install the Rom ?? Have you tried pulling the Sense clock form the Viper rom and simply flashing it to see if that works, and you know the drill if you do make a Nandroid first to be safe

Okay, so I flashed Viper 3D tonight, and love it so far, but somehow thru aroma I've lost the HTC weather widget, getting errors trying to restore with TB, and the replacements I've found aren't quite up to scratch. Anyone know where I can find the real apk? Thanks! I will gladly pay you Tuesday...

Have you tried restoring widget without the data? App only?

Also Don, remember that neat installer when we flash bt? That's aroma :p

DS

Have you tried restoring widget without the data? App only?

DS

Well, that didn't work, and get ready for lashes, because just as I hit the restore button, I remembered I hadn't nandroid'd my current settings, then enjoyed a big ol' bowl of boot loops. (I did have a nandroid of common sense (fitting, eh? ;-)) I made b4 I flashed viper tho, do it wasn't horrible.) I'll have to re-flash viper again, but I might be able to catch the widget this time. Thanks to all, as usual!

Keep us posted

What recovery are you on, if you did a Nandroid, then you should not have been in bootloops, The other option is if you want viper again, then you will have to do a full wipe and then make sure you wipe all partitions except SD card. I don't use Viper and not because I don't like his Roms, there is simply not enough support for the 3vo I seem to like Devs that at least offer a weekly update, and the fact that I am also hooked on JB Rom too might be another reason. ;)

Well, that didn't work, and get ready for lashes, because just as I hit the restore button, I remembered I hadn't nandroid'd my current settings, then enjoyed a big ol' bowl of boot loops. (I did have a nandroid of common sense (fitting, eh? ;-)) I made b4 I flashed viper tho, do it wasn't horrible.) I'll have to re-flash viper again, but I might be able to catch the widget this time. Thanks to all, as usual!

Well, re-flashed viper 3D and lo and behold, there was HTC clocks and weather, right there in aroma. Figured it had to be something I missed! And I JUST nandroid'd so I can get back to this spot later if I goof something else up! Think I'm going to start referring to that as n00b loops since I make rookie mistakes making me start over! :o

Back
Top Bottom