• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] jbear issues

jtlind01

Ok so I recently had to turn in my old 3d with hboot 1.4 since the charge port was screwed up. Anyways I need to get back to s-off and I have succeeded in unlocking it and am ready to run the wire trick process. Now this is where I may get assailed on here since I'm not computer saavy like most. I can't even run the control bear file. I see some posts saying run from windows but on io site it says to boot up with ubuntu but when I do it still doesn't run it. What do I need to run this type of file, I think once I can do that simple step I should be able to do the rest. So any help/guidance is appreciated.

I don't have the site pulled up right now, but I know it can be run from Windows, as that's how I did mine. Sorry no more help.

yeah i found the file for windows for gb but not ics which is what i have. i saw on io site that they don't support windows anymore which is no good. i can perform some minor fastboot/adb commands but have no idea how to navigate around ubuntu/linux, it's beyond my scope, so hopefully someone out there can help me

Disregard I found the windows file on a post. It took a total of 5 minutes to do it and got it the first time. not sure why they wouldn't keep supporting a windows version as easy as it is to use.

Disregard I found the windows file on a post. It took a total of 5 minutes to do it and got it the first time. not sure why they wouldn't keep supporting a windows version as easy as it is to use.

The Linux version is easier. Don't have to download a bunch of proprietary drivers....and then run a fix every time windows micro soft pushes a small software upgrade.

Ubuntu is extremely easy...if you like to tinker with your phone. you will love it.

IM LOOKING AT YOU DONB - :boxing:

Yeah but Ubuntu and Linux both require a live CD to boot and a lot of ppl don't like messing with the boot order on a bios. Not to mention I don't know of anyone that buys a brand new 1000$ PC with Ubuntu or Linux preloaded on it. I don't even know if you can find one unless getting it from an untrusted source. Lol

Had the exact same issue. Had to turn in my phone the other day. I got back a phone with s-on and hboot 1.58. Do you have 1.58? If so, you'll need to run j-bear v0.8. I had 0.6 and I couldn't get it to work. 0.8 is for ICS shipped phones. Only problem is j-bear site, like you already know, uses linux. I have linux (ubuntu) and windows machines, but I used windows to run j-bear today and obtained s-off.

Yeah but Ubuntu and Linux both require a live CD to boot and a lot of ppl don't like messing with the boot order on a bios. Not to mention I don't know of anyone that buys a brand new 1000$ PC with Ubuntu or Linux preloaded on it. I don't even know if you can find one unless getting it from an untrusted source. Lol

Not true. Google Lily USB Creator -
no need to monkey around with a CD....
Most PC's these day will have a USB before the HDD on the Bios.
EASY AS PIE!

Also - Agree - I hate buying a laptop and knowing 20%+ is going to microsoft for there terrible/expensive/closed software.
I believe I read that Dell was doing Ubuntu builds of there website...don't quote me though.

Back
Top Bottom