• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] need help straightening out newly rooted and s-off 3d

jtlind01

Ok I just recently rooted my phone and achieved s-off on my phone. I got down to h-boot 1.4 and the radio was the 1.09 something ics one. I tried restoring an old jb pacman file i had and got nothing but reboots. So I tried switching back to the previous backup before rooting and get nothing but reboots. I tried flashing back to a 2.89 but still getting bootloops. Not sure what I need to do now. Somehow I've ended up back on hboot 1.58 s-off locked. This is beginning to get really frustrating as I've always had a very easy time rooting and flashing

I think this partially has to do because your backup was from when you was on 1.58 maybe? I could be wrong as well.

I'd suggest doing a clean install after you go back down to 1.40 if you desire to do so.

the 3d is confusing in terms of compatible roms and firmware,as devs built roms dependent on older and newer firmware as people stayed on one or the other set of firmware prior to s off.

DS has a thread full of compatible roms and firmware to help you figure out what you need to be running for various roms. http://androidforums.com/cdma-evo-3d-all-things-root/650310-compatible-roms-different-hboots.html

since your becomeing fustrated,id personally run an ruu. this will restore all firmware and software to a state that it matches. you can add recovery and root access to the stock rom afterward. run the phone a few days and make sure its happy.

afterward,start with roms compatible with the hboot youre on based on DS's thread. after that,if you want to run a rom that requires a different hboot,you can change the firmware do this by:
1)running a full ruu
2)brian has a thread that has firmware downloads that you can instal to make sure all parts match without the full ruu. http://androidforums.com/cdma-evo-3...hboot-firmware-all-downloads.html#post5221192

holler if you have further questions :)

If you are s-off you shouldn't need the RUU -

Flash a new H-boot - I recommend the 1.04 ENG Hboot -
Confirm your firmware 2.89 works on most JB and ICS Roms.

Do a fresh install of the ROM of your choice - have had no luck going back and forth on restores between hboots....too many things change

Back
Top Bottom