• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] new phone, just rooted having problems

Hello

i just got and HTC Evo 3D off ebay prerooted. It was working great right out of the box, it went to recovery, and everything worked. the i had it activated on my virgin mobile account and everything went wrong.

first the wifi stopped working, then the 4g stopped working (both of these features where working before i had it activated). the i noticed that it was no longer rooted. so i rooted it. i installed rom manager to flash a new rom into it that seems like it's the most stable for this model (smoothcriminal) but it never goes into recovery mode to flash the rom. i tried doing it from the bootloader manually (hold down the down vol button while powering it on) and still, no luck. it claims that everything has superuser permission but it's acting like this

any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones