• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] PRL and profile update fails on rooted evo 3d 3evo

jivenene

My problem: I was trying to update PRL and profile on my rooted EVO 3D, but it fails (on 3G or wifi). I go to settings-system updates-update prl and i get this:

when on 3G:

instantly kicks off my 3G (3G icon goes away), then immediately error code 67. Unable to establish a data connection. Then in 5-10 seconds, the 3G icon comes back, and it is "checking for PRL update", then after 1-2 mins, it quits with this:

error code 1233. PRL could not be updated.

when on wifi:

instantly kicks off my wifi then immediately 3G icon appears (no errors). Then "checking for PRL update", then after 1-2 mins, it quits with this: error code 1233. PRL could not be updated. then get: error code 67. Unable to establish a data connection. .

I normally get that error 67 code when switching between wifi/3G. Should I even be updating these? I read in another thread that updating your PRL from a certain version slows down your 3G. But my hope is to get better performance and roaming when I travel from Hawaii to Oakland.

Here is my phone info:

carrier: Mobi PCS (Hawaii only carrier)
*** UNLOCKED***
SHOOTER XC SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT: 1.50.0000
eMMC-boot
Android ver: 4.0.3
HTC Sense version: 3.6
Software version: MeanROM ICS v2.5
PRI ver: 1.42_003
PRL ver: 10602
Radio version: 1.06.00.1216

Any ideas?

Much thanks!

Jive

You will most likely have to call sprint and there will force a refresh on your phone, that might help resolve the issue

You will most likely have to call sprint and there will force a refresh on your phone, that might help resolve the issue

Do you mean MobiPCS, not Sprint? I don't have an account with Sprint.
Also, will that force flash be a problem with my custom phone? I got the phone on eBay, and brought it to a cell shop to activate it on Mobi PCS (previous owner used it on Sprint in a different state, CA). Also it has a custom ROM.

thx!

There's why your profile and PRL won't update, you have to be on the Sprint Network

Do you mean MobiPCS, not Sprint? I don't have an account with Sprint.
Also, will that force flash be a problem with my custom phone? I got the phone on eBay, and brought it to a cell shop to activate it on Mobi PCS (previous owner used it on Sprint in a different state, CA). Also it has a custom ROM.

thx!

There why your profile and PRL won't update, you have to be on the Sprint Network

I see. How do I go about doing that? How do I know what network I am on. As far as I know, MobiPCS is a Sprint second tier reseller, just like Metro PCS, and when I am not roaming (on Verizon towers) I am on Sprint's network. Which brings up an interesting point, how do I know I am roaming?

Jive

I see. How do I go about doing that? How do I know what network I am on. As far as I know, MobiPCS is a Sprint second tier reseller, just like Metro PCS, and when I am not roaming (on Verizon towers) I am on Sprint's network. Which brings up an interesting point, how do I know I am roaming?

Jive

You need to be on the Sprint network to be able to update profile/prl with a sprint handset, not just roaming on the Sprint towers.

You could download a nifty app called "network info" which tells you which carriers towers you are roaming off of.

You need to be on the Sprint network to be able to update profile/prl with a sprint handset, not just roaming on the Sprint towers.

You could download a nifty app called "network info" which tells you which carriers towers you are roaming off of.

Thanks for the info. I tried the app, this is why I got.

Operator: Sprint
MCC+MNC: 310120
Net type: EVDO A
Cell: BID 4947 NID 0 RSSI -91 dBm

Where the hell is the "equals" sign on my android keybd?

Again there is your issue, your phone is on a different carrier on a Sprint device. Whoever flashed your device to a different carrier will have to resolve your issue.

Thanks for the info. I tried the app, this is why I got.

Operator: Sprint
MCC+MNC: 310120
Net type: EVDO A
Cell: BID 4947 NID 0 RSSI -91 dBm

Where the hell is the "equals" sign on my android keybd?

Again there is your issue, your phone is on a different carrier on a Sprint device. Whoever flashed your device to a different carrier will have to resolve your issue.

Thanks. Just to clarify, I am not having any issues with data or calls or anything, but just thought updating the PRL and profile might be beneficial.

Anyway, I was in town this afternoon, and used the app, which said I was on Mobi PCS network (not Sprint), which is the carrier I have service on. I tried the updates again, but got the same problems, error 1233. I will give the Mobi pcs shop a call and see what he says. Then I'll let yall know.

thanks,

Jive

So I talked to the independent cell shop, and the guy said not to do a ##3282# Data Profile->Restore because he may have to reflash my sprint phone back to Mobi PCS.

Although I would like to see what happens, I don't have the time to mess with it if something gets reset and I lose my 3G or VM or other weird problems. Everything is pretty much working right now, so I am not gonna mess with it.

Maybe when I get back from X-mas vacation, I'll give it a go, but I'm travelling solo with 2 kids soon and I don't want any unexpected problems.

If your not having any issues with your phone, there is no need to top update those anyways. Plus again those features are for Sprint not Mobi

Back
Top Bottom