• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Replacement 3evo

MahaloCat

Android Expert
OK - Picked up my replacement.
GAWD sense is terrible.

Will be running junuperbear tonight...
*WISHMELUCK*
:smokingsomb:

Not a good sign if you did not report back, or did you hit the bottle early, LOL :rofl:

Right. Got the htc dev done...ran control bear...thevphone reboots...but nothing else happens...shoots

Edit.....
Yeah...i blame red wine for my issues. Re-read the instructions, forgot to turn off fastboot.......:banghead:

So it sounds like control bear starts, but can't find anything. I assume you're using same computer as when you unlocked with HTC Dev, so you're not on USB 3 port and running a compatible OS. And you prob checked debugging on when you went back and fixed fastboot....
If all the above is verified, I think I would re-run the unlock process and try again. I've heard of folks not getting unlocked from a refurb, but not being unable to S-OFF once unlocked. Sorry for your troubles.

I would also make sure you are running it windows and not Ubuntu, I read somewhere were others have had issues

Hmmm USB debugging wasn't checked. Forgot that HTC unlock also does a factory reset... Grrr.

Don only have Ubuntu....hope I can get this done.

Hmmm USB debugging wasn't checked. Forgot that HTC unlock also does a factory reset... Grrr.

Don only have Ubuntu....hope I can get this done.

Oh the little details.... Also are you using the htc sync drivers or the drivers that unlimited.io says to use?

Just think how much better it's going to feel after giving you so much trouble

Step 1 | Pre-requisites:

Supported Operating Systems:
We only support Windows 7 32bit or Ubuntu 12.04 (and newer) 32bit, you may use a LiveCD if you have the wrong OS installed natively. Win XP 32bit might work for you but we do not support it as we did not test on it.
Windows 8 (64 or 32), 64bit Windows, 64bit Ubuntu, Ubuntu versions lower than 12.04, Virtual Machines and Mac's will NOT work - we will not help you if you break your device!

Congrats MahaloCat! Welcome to endless possibilities :p

I was going to ask you if you're going to check out jb but realized you were already using pacman.... :confused: how did you use Pacman while s-on. Ugh maybe I need a break? I'm confused now

i had to get a replacement phone....old one stopped charging.
It was a release day 3evo so got s-off using revolutionary!

Thanks again for everyones wisdom!

i had to get a replacement phone....old one stopped charging.
It was a release day 3evo so got s-off using revolutionary!

Thanks again for everyones wisdom!

Ahh I gotcha. Now it makes since :) you got to take the easy way out the first time. Feels good getting that wire trick though huh?

Congrats bro, nice to be back out of sense, LOL. a while back we could not live without sense, now we can't stand it, LOL

Nah I am a windows man all the way, but I will try dual boot one of these days just to check it out for you, I may put Ubuntu on one of my old lappy and see ;)

dude -
Feels great. htc unlock and wire trick -
just upped my resume - giggidy

Back
Top Bottom