• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] [ROM] CleanROM 2.3.4 base - *Clean* modified stock with a few nifty tweaks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I am not taking it as an insult, I was simply saying that I had posted your 2.1 version in a new thread today and I was going to keep it updated thus the reason why I posted it in a new thread, the original poster has not been updating your new releases and I had no control over his initial post, so I said I would create a new thread and keep the OP updated when you have new releases.

Oh no, please dont take that as any sort of knock or insult. Im very happy to see my work posted here!

Reactions: scrosler
Upvote 0
@DonB thanks. I guess I did it the long way after reading on developers XDA page where he answered my same question to someone else telling them to do full wipe/factory reset. I'm guessing it's probably just a safer measure? Can you help educate me on what each of the wipes do? (factory reset, cache and dalvic). Ive been getting along ok so far with learning to root on my first android. I have sucessfuly rooted, and am on my 3rd rom with no mistakes ...so far.

Upvote 0
posted this in the xda forum last night, but heres my quadrant score

20110824114815.jpg

Wowzers!
Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

Upvote 0
Scott: nice to see you around here! I used CleanROM as my base when Revolutionary was announced. It is indeed quite clean.

Feel free to maintain a thread presence here for your ROM and/or side apps. I've had a few devs approach me lately about that possibility, and it is certainly welcome. You guys are what make the android community awesome.

Upvote 0
I fixed the title. I'd be happy to modify it to something else, but this ROM speaks for itself. It is clean, fast, and has a few mods to make it worth rooting and installing. Mods, please let me know if you'd like me to change the title and I'd be happy to do so.

Thanks Bro!

I'm having trouble installing the updates for the ROM on my phone. Like the different colors and fonts. It downloads them on my sd card but when I restart my phone they don't install.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Hmmm... when you reboot into recovery do you try to flash the ZIP? What happens when you do. Explain the exact steps you are taking.

Scott: nice to see you around here! I used CleanROM as my base when Revolutionary was announced. It is indeed quite clean.

Feel free to maintain a thread presence here for your ROM and/or side apps. I've had a few devs approach me lately about that possibility, and it is certainly welcome. You guys are what make the android community awesome.

Thanks man! I will start my own thread on my next major release, 2.2. BUt I dont have anything in mind right now. kenn and I go way back to the Optimus days. So this thread is more than enough for now!

Reactions: kenn
Upvote 0
When you get that 2.2 going, I'll ask Novox to lock this thread. Thanks for coming here by the way...

For anyone using this ROM, note that DSP manager is installed. I configured the speaker settings and left bass boost off, turned on eq, chose "acoustic", then upped all the frequencies on the EQ to their max level. It helped the speaker volume some and that is certainly welcome given the low factory volume to begin with.

Thanks for that feature!!!

Upvote 0
I flashed the ROM and everything is working properly. My problem is when I open up the ROM updater app that installs on my phone after I flashed cleanROM. I open up the app called ROMupdater (where you can change the scroll colors and fonts). Then I try to download new scroll colors and fonts. I click download and it installs it on my sd card. My problem is when I reboot my phone it doesn't change the font and scroll color but it says it is installed on my phone. It's kind of hard to explain sorry.

Edit: Also when I installed the ROM I wiped dalvic and cache.

Upvote 0
I flashed the ROM and everything is working properly. My problem is when I open up the ROM updater app that installs on my phone after I flashed cleanROM. I open up the app called ROMupdater (where you can change the scroll colors and fonts). Then I try to download new scroll colors and fonts. I click download and it installs it on my sd card. My problem is when I reboot my phone it doesn't change the font and scroll color but it says it is installed on my phone. It's kind of hard to explain sorry.

Edit: Also when I installed the ROM I wiped dalvic and cache.

For the mods to apply you need to reboot into recovery and then select install ZIP. Then navigate to the CleanROM folder and select the ZIP you just downloaded.

IN the future I plan making the app work so it does everything manually. For now this is the best I can do.

Reactions: Gharb0129
Upvote 0
For the mods to apply you need to reboot into recovery and then select install ZIP. Then navigate to the CleanROM folder and select the ZIP you just downloaded.

IN the future I plan making the app work so it does everything manually. For now this is the best I can do.

No that's okay. I just couldn't figure it out lol. Im still relatively new to all of this. Thanks for the help. The roms great btw.

Upvote 0
NP Ken, what I used to do when I was updating a ROM for a Dev in the HERO section, as I know their time is busy, I would always update the original posted and make sure the OP has the Version and date of the new release in the title and the OP post, then I would create a new post saying the OP was edited for the new release. This way when members check the new post tab they will see the new date and version in the title instead of assuming someone simply made a post in the thread. Thanks again and I was not trying to step on any toes, simply was trying to help out.

I fixed the title. I'd be happy to modify it to something else, but this ROM speaks for itself. It is clean, fast, and has a few mods to make it worth rooting and installing. Mods, please let me know if you'd like me to change the title and I'd be happy to do so.

Upvote 0
are you gonna add a2sd ext4 support to this? i tried using dconfig to move my apps and they would not

I have been asked this before and I would consider it for a next release but I would need a beta tester. I rarely install apps, let alone to SD, lol. If your willing to test it out I am willing to give it a shot.

Reactions: novox77
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones