• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Rooting with 1.58 hboot?

Can I root my phone with hboot 1.58 by following the same steps to root on 1.5 using the "Newbie's guide to rooting" sticky?

Yes you sure can. This guide will work for you. I updated the op to reflect hboot 1.5 and above since I saw where the confusion was coming from.

Let us know if you have any other questions :)

Ok I am rooted but I have s-on. I'm doing the wire trick but when I do it it tells me:
Starting up......
Connecting to device...
Searching device.....
Found device.....
Secondary backup FAILED at beginning!!
Press ENTER to exit.....

How do I get past this :/

*edit*
I also have htc sync uninstalled since http://unlimited.io/jbtroubleshooting.htm told me to uninstall. I'm also on the stock rom. All I did was root and that's it. I have not flashed a custom rom yet.

Technically now they say not to even be rooted before the wire trick but you should be fine. Try disabling other software that can interfere like itunes, antivirus, etc.

I'd love to get into more detail but I'm not super familiar with the process and all errors. I've only done the wire trick once for myself... I will try to troubleshoot with you the best I can though.

Back
Top Bottom