• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Viper3d on 1.5 w/s-on?

DWILSON48625

Android Enthusiast
Nov 30, 2011
Harrison Mi
I'll start of first by saying I'm learning alit in here, and I thank all who help us out.

That said, I have been looking at viper3d Rom. Looks sweet.

Before I go flashing this bad boy, here's my concerns-

#1 I'm flashed to boost. Will I lose that?
#2 I'm s-on, unlocked 1.50. If I jumper it to s-off, will I lose my boost flash? (Do I need s-off)

As we all can see, I'm concerned about the PITA of reflashing back to boost. Other than that, I think I'm all good.

Im on 4.0.3, 3.6 sense. It's the smooth criminal Rom.
1.06.00.1216 baseband
2.89.651.2 cl409645

I'll start of first by saying I'm learning alit in here, and I thank all who help us out.

That said, I have been looking at viper3d Rom. Looks sweet.

Before I go flashing this bad boy, here's my concerns-

#1 I'm flashed to boost. Will I lose that?
#2 I'm s-on, unlocked 1.50. If I jumper it to s-off, will I lose my boost flash? (Do I need s-off)

As we all can see, I'm concerned about the PITA of reflashing back to boost. Other than that, I think I'm all good.

Im on 4.0.3, 3.6 sense. It's the smooth criminal Rom.
1.06.00.1216 baseband
2.89.651.2 cl409645

Not familiar at all with cross-carrier flashing, but like DS said, you should be good to go without any major hitches...

That said, as a former Viper user, let me advise that you will have to flash a later version of the ROM to work. The latest (1.6.3 r330, I think) has a couple of known bugs that aren't listed. 1) Some games (Temple run for 1) won't run due to hardware acceleration issues. 2) Speaker phone is pretty much non-existent. r284 is the most stable, user friendly, but it requires an HBOOT of 1.58 or JBears 1.58.5858. Outside of those two quirks, I loved it, was my daily for a while.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your input. I think Ill just pass on it for now. I use speakerphone alot, and just dont wanna lose my Boost flash.

I think Ill just try themeing it out, since I am having good luck with smooth criminal. (although i show 1x alot now.) Its a decent ROM, I sure could do no better for sure.

Again, Thanks for the input, I greatly appreciate it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones