• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Viper3d on 1.5 w/s-on?

DWILSON48625

Android Enthusiast
I'll start of first by saying I'm learning alit in here, and I thank all who help us out.

That said, I have been looking at viper3d Rom. Looks sweet.

Before I go flashing this bad boy, here's my concerns-

#1 I'm flashed to boost. Will I lose that?
#2 I'm s-on, unlocked 1.50. If I jumper it to s-off, will I lose my boost flash? (Do I need s-off)

As we all can see, I'm concerned about the PITA of reflashing back to boost. Other than that, I think I'm all good.

Im on 4.0.3, 3.6 sense. It's the smooth criminal Rom.
1.06.00.1216 baseband
2.89.651.2 cl409645

The only thing that should get messed up from the flash is your mms settings which is an easy fix.

Everything else should stick.

I'll start of first by saying I'm learning alit in here, and I thank all who help us out.

That said, I have been looking at viper3d Rom. Looks sweet.

Before I go flashing this bad boy, here's my concerns-

#1 I'm flashed to boost. Will I lose that?
#2 I'm s-on, unlocked 1.50. If I jumper it to s-off, will I lose my boost flash? (Do I need s-off)

As we all can see, I'm concerned about the PITA of reflashing back to boost. Other than that, I think I'm all good.

Im on 4.0.3, 3.6 sense. It's the smooth criminal Rom.
1.06.00.1216 baseband
2.89.651.2 cl409645

Not familiar at all with cross-carrier flashing, but like DS said, you should be good to go without any major hitches...

That said, as a former Viper user, let me advise that you will have to flash a later version of the ROM to work. The latest (1.6.3 r330, I think) has a couple of known bugs that aren't listed. 1) Some games (Temple run for 1) won't run due to hardware acceleration issues. 2) Speaker phone is pretty much non-existent. r284 is the most stable, user friendly, but it requires an HBOOT of 1.58 or JBears 1.58.5858. Outside of those two quirks, I loved it, was my daily for a while.

Thanks for your input. I think Ill just pass on it for now. I use speakerphone alot, and just dont wanna lose my Boost flash.

I think Ill just try themeing it out, since I am having good luck with smooth criminal. (although i show 1x alot now.) Its a decent ROM, I sure could do no better for sure.

Again, Thanks for the input, I greatly appreciate it.

Since this post, I have chanced flashing viper rom.. Was a good rom.. Then, I found Inbreded Rom... I dig it!

Havent lost Boost flash, still s-on..

Thanks for the input guys!

Back
Top Bottom