• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CELBFroyo Fans - fave version from 3.2 - 3.8?

If I'm going to just download CelebFroyo for the first time, what version do you recommend? I have no previous knowledge of this ROM and haven't used it before- looking forward to trying it out!

If I'm going to just download CelebFroyo for the first time, what version do you recommend? I have no previous knowledge of this ROM and haven't used it before- looking forward to trying it out!

yeah that is exactly what is happening. things are pretty laggy for 3-4 seconds on wakup until I got the SU popup.

go into settings applications and clear cache/data for cpuboost and then set your speeds up again and see if the notifications go away

I'm looking in to the behavior of the TED Mobile app, which is a streaming-only app. I can't get it to produce any video at all, and audio stutters horribly, even when I choose interactive or ondemand governors and set the CPU min to 480.

Sorry - false alarm. The problem had nothing to do with the kernel, the governor, the app version, or the min CPU speed - it was a specific video segment that misbehaves in both 3.2 and 3.9 and with two versions of the app (in both of those ROM/kernel versions). Probably just a codec or bit rate the Eris can't handle.

eu1

You may as well get the latest. Note that you also need to download a Google apps package and flash that as well., So, the steps are:

- Get CELBFroyox.zip and the Google apps .zip into the root of your SD card
- boot into Recovery
- wipe data/factory refresh
- wipe Dalvik (optional)
- Flash CELB
- Flash Google apps
- restart the phone

You may as well get the latest. Note that you also need to download a Google apps package and flash that as well., So, the steps are:

- Get CELBFroyox.zip and the Google apps .zip into the root of your SD card
- boot into Recovery
- wipe data/factory refresh
- wipe Dalvik (optional)
- Flash CELB
- Flash Google apps
- restart the phone

What he said... I flashed the latest yesterday following the steps above and could not be happier with my Eris right now. If you're planning to use titanium to restore any of your apps I would recommend only doing your apps. I tried just restoring a couple system settings from 2.1 (bookmarks, alarms and playlists but kept getting freezes and force closes as a result). All gravy now, Angry Birds even seems to run smoother than it did on the latest xtrSENSE with the same OC min and max.

Yeah there was only a select few system apps/data that I could restore without mucking everything up. Bookmarks worked, alarms and sms/mms settings and threads not so much.

Back
Top Bottom