• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Change colour of email app

alangmcc

Lurker
Aug 8, 2012
Hi there.

I am trying to migrate from being an iPhone user, so I have purchased an S3 and thought well i'll give it a week and if its not up to scratch i will return it and fire up my 4S again.

Now I cannot stress enough how grated I am so far, I have to say the phone seems immense and Touchwiz 5 for the most is pretty slick.
But the High inverse contrast black on white text is so 80's.
I really dont care how efficent it is for an amoled screen, for me it is pathetic looking.
And well what grates on me so much is that the great thing about Android is that it is suppose to accomodate every users individual customisation needs and thats its greatest appeal.

However i cannot find any way to change this easily.

I have since rooted my S3 but still cannot find any info on what text file i can amend to change these settings in Touchwiz.

I would greatly appreciate some input from perhaps a dev who can point out where i can look for these settings as I am fairly sure comparing to the HTC Sense would perhaps identify the config settings to change.

Please please please help before I give up and move back home to apple.

Thanks in advance, Al.

Wow, I have been bowled over by the serious amount of responses i have had. Never mind the user Shotgun84 moving my post from the correct 'Rooting' forum to a this Samsung S3 forum.

Anyways - thought i would share my resolution in case it helps anyone else in the future.

If you have your phone rooted - you can remove stock Touchwiz email and install the Galaxy nexus ICS stock email app - which is fantastically brilliant in comparison to TW. Much more fluid, responsive and professional looking.

Hope this helps someone else.

Later, Al.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones